"I wanted to be an Engineer" - My SOP , first paragraph

madhuri_csedu 1 / -  
This is the first paragraph of my SOP, I think this part is the most critical one. It would be great if someone read it and give me some suggestion about this.

I can remember the day, I was asked by one of my most respected school teacher that what my future
plan is to be. I replied that I wanted to be an Engineer. My School teacher was highly disappointed
because in our country the best students specially girls are highly expected to be a doctor because
medical profession is very popular and a way of earning a lot of money. My teacher asked me why I
wanted to be an Engineer. On that early age of my life my simple answer was that I wanted to do
something innovative and creative by which the next generation would be benefited. On that time I
didn't know much about real aspect of life, but it was my dream that I would be a scientist and spend
my life in innovative researching. Still now I am motivated with my dream. I wanted to pursue Ph.D.
admission because I think it is the best choice I have in front of me to make my dreams true.

Thanks in advance
Bukhmmas 2 / 2  
I can remember the day, when I was asked by one of my most respected teachers in my school. What are my plans for the near future?

My reply was that I want to be an Engineer. My School teacher was highly disappointed
because in our country the best students are highly expected to be doctors, especially girls. The Medical profession is very popular here and is a great way to earn lots of money. He/She { try to not repeat (my school teacher) a lot } asked me why I wanted to be an Engineer? On that early age of my life I simply answered, " I want to do something innovative and creative by which the next generation would be benefited of". Even though I didn't know much about the real aspect of life, I still wanted to be a scientist and spend my life in doing innovative researchs because that was my dream. Today, I am still motivated by this dream. I want to pursue Ph.D. admission because I think it is the best way to make this dream comes reality.

I am not an English native speaker so sorry if i missed anything, I tried to make it as good as I can :) I hope this helped. Let me know if it didnt :P
Do this:
I was asked by the most respected teacher.
or this:
I was asked by one of the most respected teachers

I can remember the day I was asked by one of my most respected school teachers what my future plan would be. I replied that I wanted to be an Engineer. My School teacher was highly disappointed, because in our country the best students, especially girls, are highly expected to be doctors because the medical profession...

At that early age, my simple answer was that I wanted to do something innovative and creative by which the next generation would be benefited. ---I think that is a good answer!

On At that time, I didn't know much about real aspects of life, but it was my dream that I would be a scientist and spend my life involved with innovative researching.

:-)
sabLeya 3 / 14  
I think the opening is a cliche...Y not try some new openings. I am not trying to sound harsh bt Admission people are gonna view thousands of essays like this...Ur essay do not have the spark telling that will differentiate u from the rest of the pool....pls re-write n think over an opening that will grab people's attention and force them to read on...

Home / Graduate / "I wanted to be an Engineer" - My SOP , first paragraph