Home / Letters   % width Posts: 2

My candidacy for enrolment in the Stipendium Hungaricum program; computer science masters

Itsyoyo 1 / -  

Stipendium Hungaricum Motivation Letter - Master's in computer science

Dear Sir/Madam :

Through this motivation letter, I would like to state my candidacy for enrolment in this undergraduate program and to express my interest in this scholarship.

I come from a solid technical background with a strong interest in Computer Science, it is, in my opinion, the job field with a great outlook. I find it a great match for my lively personality and my analytical skills, and cannot imagine studying anything else. I believe that we should do for a living something we enjoy doing and I just enjoy working on the computer more than anything and it motivated me to pursue my studies in the field. By studying Computer Science in Hungary, I will have gained a wide range of skills and the knowledge needed to be a software engineer, I've always dreamed of this job and helping give back to my home country. I will contribute to spreading the culture of technology in all parts of Tunisia, if just a little, and I aspire to become a developed and modern country in the future, so this is my most important goal when I complete my studies in Hungary, and this scholarship will open a door for me to achieve my goals and ambitions and give me a chance to become more experienced and talented. I am fully aware of how competitive the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship selection process is, but I know that my passion for the field will defeat any hurdle that stands in my way and that I am going to do everything to be the best that I can be.

I am a self-motivated person who like to go above and beyond on any project, and to learn valuable skills on my own time, also, I think I am very flexible, adaptive and a fast learner. I have always been looking for opportunities to develop my skills and gain experiences. In the past two years, I interned at two different companies. The first was in the STEG: Tunisian Electricity and Gas Company, through which I learned everything related to modern technology and how to control this company through computers, and in the end, I got paid for that period, which made me proud of myself. The second experience was in ALKIMIA, and it was wonderful. At that time, I worked on implementing the 800xA system in the company, and with each experience I got attached to this field more and more. My experiment in the Computer Science field was not limited to outside the institute only, I joined the Tunisian Association for the Future of Science and Technology (ATAST) at the Higher Institute of Applied Sciences and Technology of Gabes (ISSATG), where I learned about the applied areas of embedded systems, wireless sensor networks, control systems, automation, programming.

Studying in Hungary is an ideal choice for many reasons first, it is a diverse, multicultural nation with lots of fun experiences for foreign students, we can also mention that Hungary is one of the most modern and safe countries with a low living cost, in addition to its strategic location, it is located in the heart of Europe. Finally, which is one of the main reasons, universities in Hungary offer high quality education. I know that studying in a foreign country is not that easy because you have considerable challenges. First, the language, Hungary has its language, and not all Hungarians speak English. Second, different cultures. I am sure that I can overcome these challenges with regard to the language that I can learn during my study career in Hungary. As for the difference in cultures, I like to open to new cultures, and I can handle and overcome the other challenges

Thank you very much for your consideration, and I look forward to receive acceptance message soon.
Respectfully yours,
The first paragraph is totally unnecessary. The motivation letter should go direct to the point because the reviewer expects to get an information based presentation for this motivating letter. Start with an immediate discussion. The reviewer can do away with redundant pleasantries and irrelevant introductions. He already knows why you are writing the letter. Get to the point already. Yes, reviewers tend to get impatient with letters that are too respectful. You can be respectful while starting the presentation.

The letter itself does not inform the reviewer about the academic background of the applicant in relation to the course requirements of the masters course. Neither does it present a solid professional background in relation to the undergraduate course. Which makes it difficult for the reviewer to believe that the applicant has an applicable background in relation to the course(s) of choice. The applicant only speaks of internships, which are normally associated with undergraduate training programs, not professional experience in the field covering at least 2 years that would indicate a professional preparedness for the course. Internships cannot be considered in place of professional experience.

Home / Letters / My candidacy for enrolment in the Stipendium Hungaricum program; computer science masters