Home / Letters   % width Posts: 3

Computer science - Motivation letter for Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship

m4dm0e 1 / -  
Hi everyone,
Hope you all doing great.

This is my first time writing a motivation letter and I don't know if I did well. I'm trying to answer everything and I think I wrote enough I don't want it to be big.

scholarship LETTER OF MOTIVATION

Dear Sir/Madam,

Why have I chosen to apply to this programme?

My name is (NAME) and I'm from (COUNTRY). As a (NATIONALITY) student, I didn't know anything about technology and computers and that's because of the bad situations in my country for years whereas the electricity and internet was something elusive and nobody can get it easily not to mention that in my city (CITY) there is not even one university and you can imagine how hard is living there but, I was able to move with my family to the capital Sana'a before the middle school and from there I always used to visit cyber cafes in the city and I knew that computers and programming are what I love to do; in the middle school I was able to learn web application development and I made my first website when I was 2nd grade in middle school and that was such a big achievement that time since then I worked really hard to keep learning new things in this field until I bought my own laptop and that's one reason why I chosen to apply to the computer science programme.

Why did you apply to study in Hungary?

Studying in Hungary specifically is a great choice for many reasons first, the scientific renaissance in Hungary not to mention Its ancient history, diversity of cultures, also, Its prestigious universities where the quality of education is high at the level of Europe and the world I can say, and having a lot of international students make it a perfect and safe place to study.

What do I expect to gain from my studies?

And, by studying computer science in Hungary I will earn more practical and academic knowledge in this specialization. Also, studying the new technologies that will help me build and improve in my career especially since the university is really strong in the technology majors and you can see a lot of successful examples of the university graduated students which I hope to be one of them shortly.

Why does my background make me a suitable candidate?

When talking about programming my knowledge is not limited to programming only but, I'm familiar with networking and penetration testing especially web application penetration testing since I'm a web developer I was interested in web security as well and that's what bring me to

ethical hacking. I was able to identify many security bugs in big companies like Google, Yandex, PayPal, IBM, Intel, and more than 40+ companies. Also, I worked on HackerOne and BugCrowd as a web penetration tester and I'm ranked #1 in (COUNTRY) and almost #400 over the world. I did and learned a lot and I don't think that I will continue to develop while I live and study in (COUNTRY) because I saw many people who left this field after they were really skilled people in programming and hacking.

How will the programme help me to achieve my goals?

And, By studying this programme I will be able to learn a lot of new things about programming languages and low-level programming languages such as C and C++ also, desktop application development. Learning more about software development, in general, will help me when I'm opening my software-development startup.

How will you apply your new skills and qualifications when you return home?

Because my country is the place that needs help and supports the most I can apply what I learned and my skills in my homeland which was destroyed by wars, political and regional conflicts. So, I plan after graduation to return home to try to change even a little bit because (COUNTRY) after the end of the wars will be in great need of youth for the reconstruction of (COUNTRY) in all respects, so this is my most important goal when I complete my studies in Hungary.

What challenges would you expect to encounter while studying in a foreign country, and how could you prepare for these challenges?

Studying in a foreign country is not that easy because you have considerable challenges, First, Hungary has its language, and not all Hungarians speak English. Also, different cultures and customs. I'm aware of all these challenges and I think I will be able to overcome them. for instance, for the language, I'm sure that I can learn Hungarian during the period of my studies and my stay in the country, and I can handle and overcome the other challenges.

Thanks,
Whatever you do, do not submit your essay in this current outline form. It not only cuts into your word / character count, but it also highlights your lack of ability to properly address all of the questions provided. Now, I am unsure as to whether you are applying to the college major track of masters program track of HSS because you did not mention it in your description. Neither did you actually identify the course you wish to take within the essay.

The reasons why you want so strudy computer science are not convincing since there was no real academic motivation and career target mentioned. Only a discussion of the hardships in your country was provided, which are not considerations that the reviewer will consider as vital to your application. You also fail to provide a convincing reason to study n Hungary. The rest of your responses are also weak. In fact, it gets weaker with every question you try to provide a response to.

Never rush the responses. Take your time to develop serious responses that are based on actual personal assessments of each question. This is your first and last chance to convince the reviewer that you should be given a shot at this scholarship. Providing simple responses that make no sense, such as the ones above, are the best way to assure you will not get considered for the program.
hhspark 3 / 9  
Unless there is limitation in word counts, I suggest you to write more about job experiences in the background part. You seem to have lots of experiences with confidence in your ability. They are valuable information to simply list down.

Home / Letters / Computer science - Motivation letter for Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship