Essay AAS : Why did you choose your proposed course and institution*? Master Epidemiology

kharismaridho 1 / -  

master program in AAS application

It has been 2 years, and the Corona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is still emerging around the world. When I was writing this essay, COVID-19 cases rose rapidly while other countries had passed the case wave. As a medical doctor who serves patients in hospital, It is so depressing and exhausting to serve an abundance of patient with suspect and confirmed COVID-19. Seeing a COVID-19 patient die in every shift without family aside was a heart-breaking moment for me. I think Indonesia should have an action plan to anticipate earlier to prevent this case wave. From this issue, I am interested in Masters of Epidemiology in the University of X as my first preference because I am unnerved with CRISPER (COVID-19 Real-Time Information System for Preparedness and Epidemic Responses) which was developed by researchers, one of them was Professor X X X from University X. This innovation helped practitioners from primary health care or public health responders to get valid information about regulation or decision related COVID-19 from the government. I want to learn about epidemiology and strategy from her to be applied in Indonesia.

Long COVID phenomenon has attracted many professional expert to deal with it. Indonesian Pulmonologist Association stated that 65% COVID-19 patients had long COVID disorder, most of them were elderly. Referring to this problem, I intend to take a Master of Infectious Diseases Intelligence in the University X because studying this course will enable me to understand the mechanism and causes of long COVID syndrome so I can find out the method to prevent this disorder. These experiences and knowledge have convinced me to study in a master program on Epidemiology or Infectious Disease in Australia.

Ask : Is there any problem if we choose two different master program in AAS?
Thank you
In response to your question, allow me to cite the AAS policy on this matter. The ruling states that:

Double Master's degrees are permitted only when both are included
in the institution's original offer and both courses can be completed
within two years.

It may be in your best interest to choose, related courses located in the same university in this case. Though not specifically stated, a direct connection between the courses will best satisfy this requirement.

I am unnerved

This term is defined as to deprive of courage, strength, determination, or confidence; upset. I believe you chose the wrong word to describe your emotion. Perhaps say you were inspired instead? I am certain you did not want to use a negative term here.

Home / Scholarship / Essay AAS : Why did you choose your proposed course and institution*? Master Epidemiology