Why I chose the course - Austalia Award Scholarship - Master of Marketing Communication

Athiyya17 2 / 6  
Hi, i'm currently applying AAS for the Master of Marketing Communication at Melbourne University & Master of PR and Advertising at UNSW. Kindly help to review my new essay as i was told to make a new one before. I tried to be more structured and focused to the points. I hope to hear more feedback and suggestions from you.

Why did you choose your proposed course and institution?

The main reason is because the courses aligns to my previous study and also my working experiences, both courses have all the subjects that I am very passionate about. First, I would love to learn Marketing Communications because I intend to understand each Marketing and Communications further. This course provides subjects starting from the most common to the advanced. Some subjects such as Foundation of Marketing and Communications and Strategic Content Creation, I believe is fundamental to help sharpen my critical thinking and enrich my knowledge that will be a great basic. I desire to understand Marketing from ground bottom starting from the basic of promotions, campaigns and others to the next level like knowing how effective the marketing performance was by using the exact measurements and these will be explained on the Marketing Metrics subject.

Second, I chose Public Relations and Advertising as this course promise to demonstrate advanced knowledge relating to the persuasive, promotional and participative communication dimensions of public relations and advertising and be able to apply this knowledge in a range of professional settings. Public Relations interest me since I my work is about building relationships with communities. I am curious on how to communicate complex ideas to a range of audience, using written, oral and mediated communication because based on my experience it was never easy to give any information to all audience at once because each one of them will interpret the message differently. This makes the process of building a good relation hampered, and it maybe cause every audience has difference background either educational or cultural. The same thing applies to advertising. I need to understand how to create the best advertisement with a focus on delivering the message perfectly since often people don't get the exact message that we are trying to give. Those are the reasons why I intended to study the course.

One at a time.
The new essay is still not going to work because of the lack of reference to your current career and your potential to apply your course of study to its advancement. You are writing an academic essay so phrases like "I would love to learn" should never be found in its presentation. You should be using words that are more academic sounding in nature.

Since there are two course of study involved at two different universities, you should be delivering individual explanations as to why you chose each institution. If you read what you have just written, you will see that you focused on explaining your proposed course, but you did not qualify why you chose the institution in relation to your career goals and its academic requirements. While explaining how your undergraduate course did not prepare you for this career path, you also need to explain how whatever foundation you got from it helped you to perform your task just the same, but that now you need more focused education to go further down this career path.

Edit the reason why you chose the courses so that you can allow some word allowance to explain why you chose the institutions. Right now, there is no representation of those reasons and those missing references may very well be the reason you are not considered for this scholarship a second time.

Home / Scholarship / Why I chose the course - Austalia Award Scholarship - Master of Marketing Communication