I have chosen the following three courses in UK universities for specific reasons.

FatemahEbrahimi 5 / 11  

studying in the UK universities question

My first chosen course is Human Rights in London School of Economics and Political Science, University of London, which is one of the foremost social science universities in the world. This program provides a concentrated year-long engagement with the foundations of human rights and key human rights issues. Also, the course is unique in linking legal, philosophical, sociological and political perspectives on human rights though a rigorous and analytical approach. In my law I have studied human rights during my second years of university. During my bachelor, I became an intern in Herat branch of Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission (AIHRC). Where I understand the need for promotion and protection of human rights in the backward country like Afghanistan. In the future I would like to devote my time to increase access to human rights and freedom of people. And through the Empowered Women Organization, I will work for adoption of measures to improve and promote the human rights situation in the country.

The second chosen course, is International Human Rights (LLM) in City, University of London. City is ranked in top 20 UK universities in the Guardian University Guide 2017. I am interested in the intersection between human rights and international law and this unique specialist LLM allows me to explore how international law intervenes to protect human rights. Afghanistan is a less developed country in the field of access to fundamental human rights, as the AIHRC reports continuously shows. My experience is consisting of activities to protect human rights through women's support programs and awareness of people. This course would enable me to develop my career in human rights law and take part in policy-oriented activities through private NGOs and international organizations I am working with. It gives me an opportunity to examine intellectually the subject from various angles - minority protection, human rights at times of war, the prosecution of international criminals, to name a few.

Public International Law in University of Aberdeen, is my third choice. it covers a range of courses that explore international contemporary issues. It analyses topics such as International Law's role in preventing international terrorism, the protection of human rights and the law on international organizations. As I am working in a career in international legal consultant, this program provides me with a thorough knowledge of Public International Law. Its impressive modules are suitable for me, who I am seeking the qualification of a lawyer with a range of special interests in international human rights law and politics of human rights.

Through these courses, I am able to enhance my knowledge and profession in related subjects. The most important thing the L.L.M may bring me is the profession. studying in one of the leading universities of a fully developed country will of course come to a good conclusion and a real profession besides that being in an academic environment will help me learn many potential skills.
Fatemah, you need to be careful of the way that you start sentences. Don't start any sentence with a connecting word. That means, in the first paragraph, where you start the sentence with "And", you need to remove that word and simply open with "Through my connection with the Empowered...." That way the sentence is properly formatted.

When you write the reasons for your university choices, never mention the ranking of the university based on some educational ranking system. That is irrelevant in the course of your decision making. It should only be based on previous academic preparations and your future plans. What the ranking of the university is does not change the course curriculum in relation to your future plans. That is the target for the explanation regarding university choices.

You seem to be missing an background in International Law. While the other 2 choices seem to have a clear educational foundation for you, this one does not. It is imperative that you reference some sort of background from your undergraduate or Law proper studies that relates to that because the educational foundation is one of the main requirements of this essay.
indahindah 1 / 1  
@FatemahEbrahimi

Hi Fatemah, I just want to remind you to always proofread your essay several times before you hit the submit button. For example, in the first paragraph, you wrote "In my law I have studied human rights...", what do you mean by "in my law"? It seems that something is missing.

In addition, please also ensure proper capitalization. The word "it" which starts the second sentence in the third paragraph should be written with capital "I".

Hope this helps.
bnrdhmsnt 4 / 14 5  
Hi Fateemah, let me give you some suggestion on your essay.

In my own opinion, it is best to open your essay with your educational background therefore it will make it easier for the reviewer to determine wether your educational foundation is relevant or not. Then swiftly move into the next paragraph which contain information about your university of choice. But, as Holt said, the reason of choice should be something related to your future goal or post study plan rather than world ranking by some institution :)
OP FatemahEbrahimi 5 / 11  
@bnrdhmsnt
thanks for giving suggestion

Home / Scholarship / I have chosen the following three courses in UK universities for specific reasons.