Combining arts and coding texas A&M engineering essay

Leawi 1 / -  
prompt: Describe your academic and career goals in the broad field of engineering (including computer science, industrial distribution, and engineering technology). What and/or who has influenced you either inside or outside the classroom that contributed to these goals?

"If you could create anything you want, what would it be?". You can imagine what this question could bring out in the mind of an average 12-year-old. "flying cars, spaceships, laser guns... " everyone in the class started to yell everything that their minds could come up with. It was here the Young Scientists club that I got introduced to the world of engineering and technology. In this club we dabbled through various things from joining batteries to a light bulb to create a miniature circuit system, reusing old cardboard boxes and plastic caps to create a model for the human body, and what grew to be my favorite- learning how to code.

From the day I created my first Hello World program, I knew coding was something I wanted to do. I spent countless hours on YouTube videos and online courses on EdX-and with each step, an ever-growing fascination with the almost limitless possibilities of technology. I delved into programming languages like Python and Java, trying to further expand my skills. Participated in local science fairs and also helped create a software for my school library that helps record books that were borrowed and returned. As I honed my skills, I realized that computing was not just a hobby but a potential career path that could shape the future.

Going to college this year, I plan to major in computer science to expand my knowledge in the world of technology. I am excited to explore the world of computing and gain a solid understanding of programming languages, data structures, algorithms, and software development methodologies. As someone with an interest in art and design, I plan to pursue a career in web design. It's a perfect blend of creativity and innovation for my artistic side and analytical thinking for my logical side. At Texas A&M I would love to get the chance to join Professor Shinjiro Shueda and get a deeper understanding of the principles of interactive computer graphics and 3D rendering pipelines. Moreover, I also plan to participate in undergraduate research to help me gain hands-on experience and gain further understanding of real-world applications of computing. Doing so will help me create a path for myself in my future career as a web designer.

After graduating, I will have gained enough theoretical skills and understanding of real-world applications of computing. This will not only open up job opportunities for me but also pave the way for a successful career as a web designer.

Can someone please evaluate my essay I want to make sure that I fully answered, and that I have used proper grammar

if you have any suggestions please let me know
Bring up the reference to the college professor. Lengthen that discussion to allow you to expand upon how his influence affected your career decision. It is not acceptable to simply say that you want to study under him. You need to expand on the influence he had on your desire to learn about coding and engineering, in its combined form. Your exposure to YT and the other information in this essay, while interesting and representative of your influence, does not help you meet the broad field of engineering discussion as required by the prompt. Your discussion is quite limited when you compare what you have written to the actual information requirements for the paper.

Home / Scholarship / Combining arts and coding texas A&M engineering essay