Course choices in Educational Sciences. Chevening essay Studying in the UK

Leyla Rahimli 1 / 2  
How well I answered the question? I need your feedback
Outline why you have selected your chosen three university courses, and explain how this relates to your previous academic or professional experience and your plans for the future.

to grab the essentials of these programs

I have always been interested in enriching my educational knowledge in such topics as organization theory, teaching and learning strategy, education policy, school law, negotiations, and even arranging human resources in education. By considering that labor market of education sphere is insufficient in my home country, I aim to become the qualified specialist in Azerbaijan by my contributions. Therefore, I decided to continue my study in the UK because those 3 universities fully meet my expectations and play an important role in my decision.

My first preference is International Studies in Education at the University of Birmingham. The course's full content is the most attractive thing for me because the program offers a wide range of modules including Education Observation, Human Rights, Citizenship, Global issues in Education, Personal and Professional development and other similar ones. According to the program's design, I will be studying with the people from different countries with diverse background which means having the opportunity to cultivate network and participate in a global community. My previous professional experience in International Relations department at NGO will be relevant to the international nature of the course, also will be helpful to perform my abilities in a diverse, multinational environment and understand education as a global issue which is the core value of the program. The program also offers field trips to educational institutions in England which provides a unique opportunity to the students to experience the education settings personally. After getting master degree in this university, I will be able to work with global international educational organizations and perform experiences of other countries in educational field in Azerbaijan.

The another prestigious one, University of Bristol where I decided to do my master in Education (Leadership and Policy).The University was ranked with the top 50 universities QS World University Rankings 2018, that is the most important point influenced my decision. The program's graduates have made their career in quite high positions such as minister, school leaders, training leaders within most reputed organizations. This fact proves that the University of Bristol offers high quality education to have an advanced insight of modern management, theoretical and practical issues and the changes of the educational field. Another attractive fact is offered a wide range of optional courses such as Mentoring and Coaching, Managing People in Education, Globalization and the Politics of Education and other ones which I really want to complete.

The third course that I preferred is Educational Leadership and Management programme in the University of Warwick. This course is able to develop my professional and academic abilities as an educational manager. The program has a multi-pronged approach, thus it offers both: academic career route and research-based practice.

My internship program as a teacher and the subjects I obtained throughout my bachelor degree such as Teaching methodologies, ICT in education, Educational management, Sociology, Curriculum and other similar ones can help me to grab the essentials of these programs.
Leyla, aside from the first university choice, where you were able to share a profession related qualification in reference to your preparedness to undertake this course, the other 2 lack that representation. For the other 2 courses, you only discuss the courses itself but you do not make any mention of how these courses relate to your profession or how you are prepared to take and pass these courses should you be admitted to either of them. The final line of discussion that you placed at the end of the essay does not qualify as a general qualification because you need profession specific applications in order to justify and complete your application.

Even if you are interested in these courses, if you cannot relate how the course will help you improve in your career, then the reference becomes useless. You need to always connect the course choice with you professional qualifications. that is not just a suggestion, that is a requirement of this essay.

Basically, your essay needs to be improved using the previous instructions I provided and then, you need to complete a serious grammar editing job in order to clean up your discussion and make the essay easier to understand on the part of the reviewer.

Home / Scholarship / Course choices in Educational Sciences. Chevening essay Studying in the UK