English Learning during Covid-19 and ESP for Young Adults - TESOL Master Degree Essay (AAS)

DA786 4 / 7 1  

Why did you choose your proposed course and institution:

Hi Holt, please help me with my essay. thank you in advance.
*1966/2000 Characters

During 11 years of my working experience at a foreign company, English has been my valuable skill for the longest time. It would be beneficial if I channeled my experience through teaching English, as I wish will be my new career in the future. This leads me to pursue a Master's Degree in Teaching English for Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). The purpose not only to get credentials but furthermore to earn a new skill set of the right methods for teaching a second language.

Many people left unemployed as the economic impact due to Covid-19 spread. To support economic recovery, the government launched Omnibus Law to stimulate foreign investment in Indonesia.

The law content makes the job market more competitive. Regarding the situation, English for Specific Purposes (ESP) in TESOL study will equip me with the knowledge to design the correct syllabus to prepare the young adult to perform effective English communication in the working field. Moreover, teaching becomes more challenging due to closures of educational institutions due to outbreaks. Planning and Programming in TESOL including Language teaching and learning beyond the classroom course will provide me the knowledge for designing and implementing the compatible distance learning method such as blended learning.

After some research on the TESOL master program courses in Australia, Macquarie and Wollongong University is the best choice for me. Both of the universities specifically offer ESP courses which not offered by other universities. The goal to prepare the students to specialize in a vocational or professional business assignment. Aside from teaching methodologies, Macquarie offers grounding theories that support me in making a proper distance learning syllabus. While Wollongong courses emphasize applied language as effective communication and practical in TESOL experiences. I believe my study reasonably important to avoid being left behind in this time of the pandemic.
The paragraph about the pandemic should be worked into the motivation for your desire to complete the masters program. It should not be separate in the presentation because, when done that way, it tends to confuse the reviewer as it seems to be a separate discussion that you suddenly decided to throw into the essay. You should blend it into the presentation as the real motivation for your studies as this has a direct impact on your career. It should be the priority motivation.

Separate the discussion for each university. Give each its own paragraph so as not to confuse the reviewer. Never blend the reasons for university choices. Indicate your first and second university choices and reasons for each. In individual paragraphs for clarity purposes.

Home / Scholarship / English Learning during Covid-19 and ESP for Young Adults - TESOL Master Degree Essay (AAS)