I identify problems and find effective solutions - MasterCard challenge essay.

Joana 1 / -  

an agent of change

Looking back, I have taken up various functions in school where I became an agent of change. From being a prefect at primary school, to class captain through high school, still, I always graduated the best student of the class. However, my track of academic accomplishments does not go without the barriers I faced which has contributed to building my character.

My first year of college was faced with hinderances from lack of finances, and information and guidance. I was able to surmount these barriers by engaging in part-time jobs, took advantage of the well-equipped school libraries and registered with a study centre in the city. A major challenge faced in a Nigerian university are challenges posed by lecturers, mine was a case of wrong grading which affected my first year's result. To challenge this status-quo, I initiated a group of class mates and we solicited to the HOD against some lecturers we believed wrongly graded us. After countless appeals, our plea was heard, the lecturers queried and we were given our deserved grades. I worked hard to excel in subsequent classes by attending extra tutorials and night classes. At the end I graduated the best 1% in my class with a first class honors. While in college, I discerned the problems I faced common among most freshmen. In response to this problem, I organised a weekly forum for first years where I successfully mentored over 50 first year students suggesting ways to tackle challenges they have and might face

Even at work, I find myself taking on projects not part of my job description and have worked actively towards inculcating an ability to identify problems and finding effective solutions. If given the opportunity to study at Edinburg through the MCF I am sure to make an impact on the learning community through my academic excellence and social participation.
You should be further detailed with regards to the incorrect grading issue that you fought for. Your first paragraph isn't really useful as an introduction. You should start on mark due to the word limitation for this essay. Bring up paragraph 2 to the first paragraph. Then separate the discussion from the group representation. The second paragraph should indicate why you believe you were wrongly graded and how you fought for your fair grading. While it was a group thing, the problem the essay should focus on is your problem and how you overcame the obstacle. If you cannot separate your case from the others, then you will do better to change the overcoming topic for your essay. Use only one topic for the essay. Do not suddenly shift to your workplace setting. That is not thoroughly developed not discussed at this point. It is too general in reference. It doesn't help the presentation.

Home / Scholarship / I identify problems and find effective solutions - MasterCard challenge essay.