Incident with friends - scholarship essay in NTU

Leon Oswald 1 / -  
Describe in less than 300 words, the values and beliefs you hold strongly to. Please provide examples of how you have demonstrated these in your actions.

Openness is a value that I hold dear because I believe that a fulfilling life cannot be experienced alone. It is that openness to new ideas, making new friends, and gaining new experiences that have enriched my school life so far. This is how I embody these values:

I am currently a student council member at my high school where I meet like-minded individuals. I co-organized an online seminar and created Instagram content for students planning on studying abroad. Having done relatively well for my IELTS, I wished to help my peers ace their tests with practical study hacks. It made me feel valued to share my learnings this way.

Participating in my first Model United Nations Conference was an even more enriching experience as I had the opportunity to team up with students of different ages from around the world. We were supposed to gather in person for this event but due to the pandemic, it had to be done online and that came with its challenges. I was one of the youngest participants and my lack of experience showed. I was nervous and fumbled when delivering my speech. I also found it hard to juggle my school work and my commitments to the conference because of the different time zones.

Although my team did not win the debate, I was watching my team members closely to learn how to improve my communication skills. In the end, with good time management, I could balance both school work and the preparations for the conference. I was grateful to make new friends while we tackled the unknown together. By being open, I took opportunities to expand my social network, exchange knowledge, and thrive together with my peers.
What you wrote here has nothing to do with values and beliefs. These are character traits that you feel best describes you. The reviewer will not see this are a correct response essay so I am not sure if you will receive proper consideration for this writing. Values and beliefs are character traits instilled in you by your family, community, and life experiences. These become a natural part of you from your early life. These are not acquired through later exposure in life. You can actually look up the various beliefs and values that are used for this discussion and revise your essay based upon the list. If you have already submitted this essay, then I hope the reviewers give your choices crdencr when considering your admission.

Home / Scholarship / Incident with friends - scholarship essay in NTU