There are many internal and external circumstances and motivations that can make a leader. Chevening

kareem ragab 4 / 8 2  
Leadership and influencing essay for Chevening

this is my essay about my leadership skills for chevening scholarship. Any help will be appreciated.

I believe that there is no one was born a leader but there are many internal and external circumstances and motivations that can make a leader. For me, it was my passion to make a difference in the other's lives what makes me a leader.

At the university, many student activities attracted me to engage in. But these activities did not meet the desires of a large group of students. This motivated me to create a student troupe under my leadership aims to develop the capabilities and skills of the students by organizing a variety of social, sports, cultural activities and trips. Leading my troupe's negotiations with the university successfully to get financial support for our activities was a good challenge showed my leadership skills. Our troupe participated in Egyptian universities youth week which was held in 2009 at Mansoura University, and we won awards in this event .

My current job as a customer service supervisor leading a team of 15 agents represents a challenge to my leadership skills. The effective communication with my team members is my priority, which I work hard to achieve by listening to their problems and helping them to solve it, and I always tell them not to hesitate to ask for advice from me. Through the exchange of roles between team members and giving priority to the team's interests, the level of cooperation and harmony between the team members raised. In 2015, My team won The Best Customer Service Team Award in XXX.

An effective leader must delegate his authorities and prepare a second row of the leaders who are trained and ready to assume leadership positions in the future. So I launched a new system which called "the leader - agent exchange system". This system exchanging roles between the supervisor and one agent for five days a month. This system helps the agents and the supervisor to identify the tasks and problems of both jobs.

When I was promoted to the position of supervisor, it was hard to deal with the tasks, responsibilities, and authorities that accompany this job. I Committed to eliminate this problem by training agents to the supervisor job through the leader - agent exchange system. Initially, agents refused it because of fear of taking responsibility. This problem was cured by supporting and motivating the agents through the training, and convincing them that the system will give them a great opportunity to upgrade. Over a year all agents in my team involved in the leader - agent exchange system. A year later, the system has achieved amazing positive results therefor it has been applied in all customer service teams, and has been applied in various departments in XXX.

I have a passion to become a leader who influences his surrounding community and makes a better future for his country. This passion motivated me to apply for the Chevening scholarship.
Kareem, you need to better develop the two topics that you are using as an example of your leadership and influencing skills. Right now, you are only giving an overview of the leadership that you did in college and at the call center, without actually representing the difficulties you had to overcome and how you overcame it. So you need to be more specific in both instance.

For college, you have to first, mention the name of the organization that you established, the motivation behind the group, an explanation of your leadership role, and an example of an obstacle the group had to overcome. How did you lead the group towards success? What kind of failure was experienced during the implementation of the plan to represent your university at the Egyptian University Youth Week? How did you inspire the members of the group towards success? What was the final outcome of your leadership abilities being implemented?

As for the call center, you need to explain more about how the leader-exchange system was developed and how it works. Since you developed this program, you can use it to highlight your thought process as a leader. Explain why you felt the need to develop this program for the agency. Don't make it a personal interest. As a leader, you have to always be on the lookout for what will benefit the many. It should not just be about you. Your difficulties on the job could be the catalyst but it should be supported by an overall problem that you sought to solve. Then explain how the training program works. An overview will work best in that case. Then close the statement with the results of the program.

Home / Scholarship / There are many internal and external circumstances and motivations that can make a leader. Chevening