Learners and their qualities

reem123 1 / -  

Qualities which will make you a successful online learner

Prompt 1 :Research has shown that online learners have to demonstrate certain qualities like self-discipline, self-motivation, pro-activity, persistence in the face of challenges, and others in order to be successful in an online learning environment. Please identify 2 of your qualities (from the above examples or other qualities) that you believe will make you a successful online learner. Include at least one example of a situation where you demonstrated each of these qualities. If you had previous experience with online learning, be sure to use that in your examples. (300 words)

Among all my qualities one is particularly important in online learning which is self- discipline, These days because of COVID-19 pandemic universities are suspended so the lectures and practical courses are delivered online exclusively. This was not the case in all my past college years. At first, the idea was very appealing to me as my university is very far from home about 3 to 4 hours of commuting daily, but after two weeks of online learning, I started losing control over the hours of lectures I have to listen to and assignments that I have to submit on time. So I realized that I have to develop new study habits to adapt to online learning. I dedicated a specific time every day to open the e-learning website to be updated on new lectures and assignments,. then prioritizing the tasks according to deadlines and importance, then making a timetable to meet the deadlines and study for the finals. Writing questions and take part in interactive sessions with my proffers to seek clarification and help. Today I'm managing all my studies and meeting deadlines successfully. I also help my batch in communication with professors and facilitation of learning in online learning sessions. Another quality that I want to talk about is persistence in the face of challenges, I joined my university one semester late than my batch; I insisted on graduating with my batch this required taking 2 summer course and overload in two semesters to compensate for the semester i missed. this was difficult because my usual courses require great efforts but I could make it with very good grades working hard and being diligent.I learned that to accomplish hard goals you have to plan well, stick to your plan, prioritize and sacrifice to achieve your dreams.

1 at a time
There is no need to ride on the Covid 19 topic for this essay. Since your experience with distance learning was long before the advent of the virus, there is no relationship between your self-discipline discussion and the virus. Don't waste your word count on irrelevant details. In fact, you have to shorten your discussion in relation to your self-discipline because it is too long. Simply stating that you learned time management and giving one example related to that is good enough. You have to allow for ample word representation of your persistence as a student. It is too short and really under developed in the presentation.

Since you are given 300 words for this essay, it is understood that you are to use 150 words per topic for the discussion. Revise your essay to reflect that so that you will have an even and relevant discussion presentation for both the self-discipline and persistence discussion. It would be in your best interest if you can use a combined example that highlights how your persistence led you to develop self-discipline or vice versa.

Home / Scholarship / Learners and their qualities