Plan After Study - Posco Asia Fellowship

Salimakmur 2 / 6 1  

study plan essay

After obtaining my Master's degree, I plan to become a professor at one of the best university in my hometown ( Indonesia, South Sulawesi, Makassar). To become a professor PhD degree will be needed. But before continue my study to get a PhD, I want to become an official lecturer. To become an official lecture, people need to pass the examination that happens in April or may if I happen to graduate not in time to apply for the test. I will try to become an unofficial lecturer first and continue to become an official later. When you become an official lecturer in Indonesia, you need to stay for one year before continuing to study. So I will last 1 - 2 year before continuing my study. As an unofficial lecturer, I plan to apply all the training and knowledge I have gained in Korea to improve my lab condition and manufacture high entropy alloys (HEAs) in the lab. After becoming an official lecturer besides teaching student, I will try to publish at least one paper about applying High entropy alloys (HEAs) for the future of the industry in Indonesia.

Using my relation with Korean university, I am planning to set up a cooperation between Korean university and my university to improve our student. Korean university student can come to my university to do research, cultural program, and international lecture. Vice versa, a student from my university can come to Korea doing an exchange, a cultural program, and a research program to expose them to international level academics so they can become a global level talent. There is a mandatory course called community service program in my university that we do in many regions of Indonesia to improve the local community. In the last few years, not just we do it in Indonesia. This community service program was doing it in other countries such as Malaysia, Japan, Thailand and many other countries. Maybe with this cooperation, we can do the community service program in Korea.
Your study plan must support your goal of study. The connection must be seamless and logical to the reader. Since you never mentioned wanting to become a lecturer in your goal of study, this study plan does not make sense. Your application essays are truly the most disconnected I have ever read here. You do not have a clear academic path set out before you. Your essays are not delivering a proper career development path for you based upon study plans and goals. Develop a proper study goal first then explain how that relates to your study plan. At this point, regardless of your other documents presented, the scattered plan for your studies and lack of focus in relation to a career plan through academic advancement are the weakest point of your application and could be the primary cause of your application failure.
Ulaai 3 / 42 27  
Try to breakdown your plans into three parts: short-term, mid-term, and long-term plan. Short term plan is the goal that can be easily achievable after getting your Master degree. For example, applying to be a lecturer. Mid-term plan would be things that you want to pursue after achieving your short term plan. This could be doing research in your interest area, or taking a PhD. Long term plan would be things that you can only achieve far in the future after getting the experience and expertise that you need. This could be becoming a professor in your local university. You probably want to do things like improving cooperation between institutions and commencing an exchange program, but this would be waaay in the future after you become a professor, which is unrelated to your motivation to pursue a Master degree.

You need to be focused but also realistic. Connect your plans with the degree and the scholarship. Fellowships usually offer vast range of connections to individuals and industry. How can they help you reach your aspirations? I also agree with Holt that you need to make sure what is your actual goals. If it's for academic reasons, then show that in your answer.

Good luck!

Home / Scholarship / Plan After Study - Posco Asia Fellowship