Return to Egypt to apply insights, knowledge and experience gained from the MSc degree

Abdrahman 1 / -  

Career plan question

I am one of those Egyptians that would like to take part in development of my country and contribute to the extend level. Upon completion, I will return to Egypt to apply insights, knowledge and experience gained from the MSc degree.

During college, I attended a lecture presented by the Governor of the Central Bank of Egypt about the monetary policy and the challenges that face our country. This lecture inspired me to read more about international economics, monetary policy, fiscal policy and related subjects, which ultimately lead me to choose Economics as my specialization track.

After graduating, I joined my current job at the Commercial International Bank CIB in 2003. I have been working with the CIB for 13 years, where I have gained experience in my field. Through my current position as Operation Head, I gained a lot of experience especially in trade finance as I worked in branches in industrial zones which its major fields are importing and exporting.

I recently achieved my MBA from Paris ESLSCA Business School with a specialization track in Global Finance, which further motivated me to continue my studies in the field of Finance to achieve my career objective. During my MBA, I attended a 10 day course in Paris campus, which strengthened my desire to continue my studies abroad and to provide me with more opportunities to know and mingle with people of different cultures and backgrounds.

Finance, as a field, had always fascinated me right from my undergraduate college days. I have always enjoyed in areas that require problem solving, analytical and mathematical skills, and I am anxious to combine the knowledge of, and aptitude for these skills with my interest in Banking &finance. I really want to explore finance while intend to gain specialized knowledge in the field of corporate finance or International Banking.

In order to become a professional Financial Advisor or Risk Analyst in the industry of Banking or Credit Agencies, I need to acquire the insights and extensive knowledge offered by these institutions in this field. I hope to gain a deep understanding and more specialized focus on my chosen field through the course offered by the esteemed mentioned universities.

My ambition for the immediate future is to become an added value to my institution as a successful Executive Manager or Financial Advisor. I intend to establish a career in Treasury, Institutional Banking, and Rating Agencies. As such, I believe that pursuing a Master's degree, will provide me with the essential skills I need to achieve my goal, as well as offer me a wide range of choices and connections after my course.

I am committed and passionate to gain knowledge, experience and serve my country. I would like to be given this opportunity to learn and move forward toward my future career. Hence, to execute my career plan, I need the kind of intellectual preparation offered by MSc programs I have chosen.
Abdelrahman , your essay does not respond to the Chevening post study / career plan requirements at all. The prompt requirement that you should respond to is as follows:

Chevening is looking for individuals who have a clear post-study career plan. Outline your immediate plans upon returning home and your longer term career goals, considering how these relate to UK priorities in your country.

Did you not receive a copy of this prompt or did you choose to disregard it? Using the essay above for your application would have meant an instance elimination of your application. It would have been removed from the running because your answer proves that you do not understand the English language and you are incapable of responding properly to any English instructions. Which means you will be a failure as a masters degree student in the UK.

It is imperative that you take note of the prompt I provided to you. Write a new essay that best reflects the prompt requirements, particularly the UK interests in your country aspect as without that, your application will be cancelled as well. Refer to the Post Study / Career Plan essay presentations in this forum for your guidance and further information as to how to improve your presentation.

Home / Scholarship / Return to Egypt to apply insights, knowledge and experience gained from the MSc degree