Describe how you can apply the knowledge gained from your master studies to contribute to your home

Akinola98 1 / -  

panoramic view on several issues

For decades now, the standard of education in Nigeria, my home country has increasingly been dwindling and it does not look like any form of salvage is on the way given the current magnitude of the wreckage done on the educational sector. The emergence of COVID-19 has only fumed the flames as pupils and students have been rendered unoccupied, leaving them largely to their devices. Consequently, teenage crime rate has increased in recent months, as well as teenage pregnancy. Again, the female gender is at the receiving end, which raises questions on the issue of gender in Nigeria.

According to the demographic health survey jointly conducted by the UNICEF in 2015, of the 262 million out of school children in the world, 10.5 million are in Nigeria; the number increased to 13.2 million at the end of the third quarter in 2019. These are children who either never enrolled or did not complete primary school education.

However, I have been doing my bit as I organize afterschool and weekend extramural tutorials for children in these categories and also teaching mathematics online via the likes of Whatsapp, Telegram and Zoom app. I am committed to making sure that all children irrespective of their gender have access to quality education, gain the skills and knowledge for a life-long learning which is pivotal to fighting poverty, preventing diseases and building peaceful societies thereby actualizing the UN 2030 agenda for sustainable development (SDG 4 and SDG 5).

Studying Mathematics in an educationally topnotch country like Sweden will avail me the opportunity to have a panoramic view on issues such as quality education and gender equality. Through seminars with other global leaders and industry experts within the SI Alumni in my home country I will use my leadership skills to create networks and develop mutual learning process through which I will host workshops on innovation to promote quality and gender based education for a sustainable development. I would engage in an on-air teaching of mathematics at various television stations and also engage in writing columns in various newspaper and magazines, sensitizing fellow Nigerians on the need for all to be stakeholders in education, especially girl-child education, which will in the future set my home country on a lofty pedestal among nations of the world.
This essay was almost a total throw away. That is, until I reached the last portion of the final paragraph where I finally found some information that you can use to properly respond to the discussion essay prompt. Work on developing your response based on the following portion of the current essay:

I will use my leadership skills... nations of the world.

By properly developing your discussion based on the elements presented in that section, you will be able to clearly explain how you will apply the knowledge you will be gaining upon your return home. Work on adding more information to it. Expand certain discussion points. Think of additional information that you did not include the first time because you misunderstood how to respond to the prompt.

Home / Undergraduate / Describe how you can apply the knowledge gained from your master studies to contribute to your home