It is said that computers are the most essential man-made divices of the last centuries.

tranphuongthao 1 / -  
Computers are often argued to be the most important invention of the last hundred years. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

computers have changed people's life

This is my answer:
It is said that computers are the most essential man-made divices of the last centuries. This essay will show my attitude about this problem.
I admit that computer is an important invention because it has lots of meansures with humans. It helps people contacting with the world through the Internet. Besides, Word, Exel and other apps also help people complete their work more quickly with a better quality. When you do not know or understand something, you can "ask Google", it will give you millions of answers just in a few seconds.

Beside the benefits from the computer, this divice brings some negative effects, too. Firstly, using the computer too much makes people be addicted. There are lots of the interesting apps, especially the Internet on the computer, so users can do anything they want and have experiences with the unique and variety contents. Secondly, people who use computer to solve their problems might have passive thinking. They can just expect to the Internet, not themselves, it is very dangerous because they will lose their own creation. And finally, computer just helps users have unreal friends, it means that they would not have time for their real friends, there is no time to understand what they think, no time to share their emotion, gradually, they will lose those real friends.

In short, I agree that computer has a big affect to human life, especially in the modern life. However, human should have the rules to use this device reasonably, avoid using too much.
Tran, you completely misunderstood the prompt and discussed a prompt so unrelated to the task that you will automatically get a failing score for this essay had you written it in an actual test. You need to practice your English comprehension skills. Learn to identify what the question being asked is and how to approach it in your response. Let me outline it for you here:

Original Question: To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?
Your Response: his essay will show my attitude about this problem.

Where exactly in the original question were you being asked to discuss your attitude about the problem? This is an extent essay that asks you to either totally or partially agree with the given statement and then defend your reasoning. You are not discussing anything in relation to the prompt requirement. You are discussing a comparison essay to a certain degree in this presentation which clearly shows that you have no idea what the instructions for this discussion are.

The best thing for you to do at this point is to stop writing practice essays. Instead, peruse this forum and familiarize yourself with the various Task 2 discussion methods and how it is presented in the essay. That way you will become familiar with the essay requirements and the discussion approach required for it. That is the best way you can learn, by seeing the mistakes of others and how they corrected themselves so that they could pass the test.

Home / Scholarship / It is said that computers are the most essential man-made divices of the last centuries.