Social Science - KOREAN GLOBAL SCHOLARSHIP - GOAL OF STUDY

tsyiaa99 2 / 6  
Hi! could you please recheck my goal of study & future plan. Thank you!

GOAL OF STUDY & STUDY PLAN

I am interested in taking Culture, Entertainment and Tourism at one of prestigious university in Korea, Hanyang University. I found this course interesting because of the combination of culture and entertainment in a tourism major, which usually tourism is all about hotel and management. From this major, I got to learn a little bit of Korean entertainment, culture and tourism system. In my opinion, Korea is very creative in introducing their country through tourism. So, this is the chance to explore how Korean did it. I wanted to study at Hanyang University because there is a major that I want to enrol in, other than that, the subway station is linked to the university so it's quite convenient. Hanyang university is very close to Han river so I can spend my time and appreciate its serenity.

I'm a graduate of Bachelor of Social Science (Linguistics with Hons) at UKM (National University of Malaysia) on 30th November 2022, and currently searching for a job, so as to fill my time while waiting to continue my master degree. I planned to continue my master degree in Culture, Entertainment and Tourism at Hanyang University and earn Master of Arts in Culture and Entertainment Tourism at the end of the programme. Eventually, I hope to be able to share all the knowledge to the highest level of organisation of the appropriate entity.
So there is no actual goal for your studies in Korea except to fill your time as a scholar tourist in the country? That is the implication of your response and that is the reason why you will not be considered past the screening round for candidates. It is clear from your response that you do not have any ideal career plans that studying in Korea will fulfill. There is no profession related reason aside from you biding your time as an overseas master scholar. The overall response delivers an image of you as a professional student. Someone who tours the globe on the tab of universities for as long as they can, using the scholarship funding in place of a salary. I am sure that is not the aim of your studies in Korea so this response will need to be replaced.

Try to develop a real career plan, even if it only relates to opening a Korea specific travel agency. You cannot say you are filling your time before working so you will study a masters course. That is the response of an aimless person. The whole response builds into that aimlessness actually. By the way, do not constantly repeat what your undergraduate course is. It is only useful in the personal statement. Indicated anywhere else makes it an unnecessary redundancy.
OP tsyiaa99 2 / 6  

Okay, I got it. Thank you for the ideas ^^.
Okjanu10 2 / 4  
@tsyiaa99
Hey,

I face the same problem while writing "study goal." I'd suggest you read some good articles and watch videos before writing them. Gather a good amount of knowledge about your field of study. If you find any students who have the same goal, talk with them and get some ideas.

and before writing the study goal, write every idea, suggestion, and piece of information on paper, then refer to it and write with a correct flow.

Home / Scholarship / Social Science - KOREAN GLOBAL SCHOLARSHIP - GOAL OF STUDY