Unanswered [6] / Urgent [0] / SERVICES

Undergraduate   Posts: 4

Undergraduate Application for Physiotherapy Personal Statement

vik0905 2 / 3 1  
Prompt: Describe an exceptional achievement in your academic experience and a lesson learned.How would the experiences support the choice of program and attain your goals? What are your plans after graduation?

Programme chosen: Physiotherapy

Some feedback on my application personal statement would be great.

It was only through my early years being a physically active person, that I saw how common it is for people from athletes to the everyday person, to sustain minor to major injuries. It was through these observations, that the field of physiotherapy called out to me. Thus I made the decision that this would be my field of choice and that I could make an impact in treating others and enabling them to lead a better, pain-free lifestyle.

Through my curiosity and research. I've come to realize that Physiotherapy is a wide field. It helps people affected by injury, illness or disability and incorporates elements from science, rehabilitation, and medicine through physical intervention and advice. As such, I took up classes related to this field such as biology, physics, and chemistry. Due to my distinguished academic achievements, I was given a spot in the National Society of High School Scholars, where I was offered an internship in my school's rehabilitation facility. There, I was lucky to have a mentor where I learned different ways of therapy techniques, such as joint manipulation, mobilization and manual resistance training. Interning in a physical therapy environment was a great opportunity as it gave me insight into the industry and my career prospects. Not only does it have a highly practical emphasis occupation-wise, it will also provide me with the opportunity to aid someone in increasing their standard of life.

Since applying, I have also enrolled myself in courses to extend my knowledge. Moving forward I hope to be selected for this program so that I may pursue my passion of being an official physiotherapist, aiding those affected by injuries, as well as the aging population in Singapore. Knowing with the skills and knowledge attained, I will help others improve their quality of life.

Holt [Contributor] - / 7,313 1843  
Vikhram, your essay contains too much unnecessary information. Your response should focus directly on the questions provided since this is an immensely prompt specific response. Open the essay with a reference to your most significant academic achievement. You cannot use a general statement about how a collective academic achievement led to your scholarship grant. You have to relate an actual incident of academic achievement. Which of these achievements do you think resulted in your receiving the government scholarship? That is what you should be discussing. Explain the circumstances of your academic achievement and why this is a notable accomplishment on your part. How does this relate to your decision to choose physiotherapy as a college major? Why were you offered spot in the school's rehab facility? Why do you believe that this exposure is a strong enough foundation for you to succeed in this college course and eventually, career? The most notable absence in your response is the reference to your future career goals. Why do you want to become a Physiotherapist? What career plans do you have for after you graduate? These are required elements that need to be reflected in the paper but have not been properly developed in your presentation. This essay should not be more than 3-4 paragraphs at the most if you choose to discuss one essay prompt per paragraph.
OP vik0905 2 / 3 1  
@Holt Thank you for your feedback, i will change it up as per your advice! do you have a email in which i can seek help for this? Yes, please check on the Services link and choose me for further assistance! :)
OP vik0905 2 / 3 1  

Here is an updated version. Please do let me know how this is. Any useless information? or any things i should include?

Moving to the United States at the age of 15, I found it challenging for myself to cope with the new education system. From the school's schedule, different form of learning, and people. After witnessing myself having a fair first year, i knew i had to change my attitude and structure towards my education if i wanted to make time there worthwhile. And through hard work, and dedication in due time, i had accomplished just that. More so, where the National Society of High School Scholars contacted me through my school, Offering me a position, to become a member in their scholar society, opening up more opportunities.I was truly honored as i knew, coming to a completely knew country as a foreigner where opportunities and resources were scarce, that i had made a big achievement for myself.

With this big achievement under my name, i decided apply for a short internship. When choosing where, i had to combine my passion of helping others and interest of rehabilitation. During my high school years of being a physically active person, I saw how common it is for people from athletes to the everyday person, to sustain minor to major injuries. Therefore deciding on my school's rehabilitation facility. There, I was lucky to have a mentor where I learned different ways of therapy techniques. Interning in a physical therapy environment was a great opportunity as it gave me insight into the industry and a sense of importance when it came to serving the community. Not only does it have a highly practical emphasis occupation-wise, it will also provide me with the opportunity to aid someone in increasing their standard of life which truly appealed to me. That was when i knew, physiotherapy was the course for me.

Seeing the progress of different patients and how happy they were, brought me to an excitement every time. Being able to interact with people everyday and get to know their progress of treatment, while knowing your job is to help others lead a healthier lifestyle is hard to find. Not only does it bring happiness to. Moving forward I hope to be selected for this program so that I may pursue my passion of being an official physiotherapist, aiding those affected by injuries, as well as the aging population in Singapore.

Home / Undergraduate / Undergraduate Application for Physiotherapy Personal Statement