Boston University- 3 words (Observant, Realistic, Logical) Last Day

kathyz2010 2 / 4  
PROMPT: 3 words that describe you and how they can be used in retrospect to Boston University.

The first three words that come to mind for me are logical, realistic, and observant. Observance is a quality I am proud of having because of the assistance it provides me in my life, and the kind it can provide Boston University. Logic is a favorable quality because it keeps a person grounded and prevents emotions from affecting decisions tremendously. A healthy balance of imagination and being realistic can be beneficial in many ways. There is no need for great ideas if there is no one to help make them successful. These three attributes can surely be used to the advantage of Boston University.

Observance usually is not a quality that most people notice they have. I, on the other hand, very much enjoy being completely aware of my surroundings at all time. Doing so allows me to make fewer mistakes and control more things that could go wrong. For example, keen observance allows me to recognize if my teachers are in a communicable mood to acquire the most of my education. Observance also allows me to maintain smoother friendships. I can (usually) determine the moods of my friends by their behavior, which then assists me in avoiding unnecessary arguments.

Logic, referred to lightly, is meant to have valid arguments as opposed to fallacies. I have dabbled in the study of philosophy, but I am no expert. I try to maintain arguments that are fact-oriented and without emotional variables. This is beneficial for a school community because of the security it provides. Understanding students are always more helpful for a collective society.

Being realistic is useful for both logic and observance. That is not to imply that I lack an imagination. I feel like I have an avid imagination, but I recognize the difference between an idea that's not accomplishable and a realistic one. I always have high expectations, though, so goals are never sacrificed for inability of achievement. Being realistic has a certain edge that surrounds a good leader and school communities thrive with secure leaders.

There are good and bad sides to all human attributes. If they combine to create a strong individual, then nature and nurture have done their jobs. Ultimately, I would like to use these qualities that I am thankful for to add to the strong BU community.

Please look at my Carnegie Mellon University essay also I really want that one edited above all. Thanks for the help!
diodotusX 3 / 19  
I'd love to give you're essay a good once over, but I would assume that it's rushed. Therefore, I'm sure you'l be delighted to find out that BU has extended their deadlin till the 4th :) that might give you some time to go over it some more if you need to. if not, lemme know and I'll help you out
OP kathyz2010 2 / 4  
Oh wow I did not know that, thank you very much!
I guess there is no rush really, but I would still really appreciate it if you could look at my Carnegie Mellon essay! That would be fantastic.

Thank you.
Emmerz 3 / 13  
it was a good essay, but there are a few corrections you could make

imagination and being realistic

realism, instead of being realistic

Observance is a quality I am proud of having because of the assistance it provides me in my life, and the kind it can provide Boston University.

I am proud to be observant because... (and what do you mean by "the kind?")

I feel like I have

take out "like"

Being realistic has a certain edge that surrounds a good leader, and school communities thrive with secure leaders.

hope that helped some!
apparitionstea 1 / 5  
For "logic" and "being realistic," it would make your essay stronger if you gave a specific example of how each quality has already been applied like you did for "observance".

There are good and bad sides to all human attributes. If they combine to create a strong individual, then nature and nurture have done their jobs.

I think this statement is too general. Remember that the essay is supposed to ultimately represent you as an individual and what kind of person YOU will be on campus.
OP kathyz2010 2 / 4  
Thank you to everyone, and good luck.
davidgoes 5 / 13  
Your beginning is quite dull, you just list your characteristics, remembering try to show instead of tell, it comes through much stronger through examples than just saying what you are. Try to build on some solid examples and it will definitely refine your essay and overall convey your three characteristics.

Please read over mine and lead feedback. Sorry if i came over as a bit too harsh, I am just giving honest feedback if I were a reader. Please read mine with the same harshness! thankyou

Home / Undergraduate / Boston University- 3 words (Observant, Realistic, Logical) Last Day