Building a speaker - Something you do for the pleasure of it - MIT short answer - fb

nhat_pro_007 1 / 2  
Hi everyone, this is my 1st time joining the forum and I really hope to receive many feedbacks. :) Thanks for helping.

Prompt:
We know you lead a busy life, full of activities, many of which are required of you. Tell us about something you do for the pleasure of it. (*)(100 words or fewer)

----------------------------
"Stop! You're annoying the whole neighborhood!" Just one more Dad! His complaining would not stop my harmonious hammering on the final resonant piece. The steeper the nail went in, the more I roasted in the ardent excitement. My increased heart beat and accuracy left the nail no escape but perfect fit on the boom box. During those last few impulses despite exhaustion and the baking sun, my soldering-burnt finger vibrated in response to my opposing arms, as the speaker came to beautiful completion. I carefully switched on the input, and exploded in joy when it sang in perfect "juice".

Word count: 99
OP nhat_pro_007 1 / 2  
I just finished this one also, but Im sorry if it's inappropriate to post it here.

Prompt:
Although you may not yet know what you want to major in, which department or program at MIT appeals to you and why? (*) (100 words or fewer)

---------
"Thump-thump-thump". No sign of it on the vast sky, yet already my eyes were fixing on a direction. No sentiments of unknown, but squashing with expectance, my mind and heart prepared for a quiet salute. "Whoosh". The steel bird spurted into my eyesight, close enough to show off its revolving strong blades, and far enough to amaze me with its mastery aerodynamics. Whenever one appeared, it drove my soul away with fascination and style. Unlike anything else, those unique machines are my greatest depth to reach, exciting me with their apparent strength and secretive aviation. Therefore, I dream of the AeroAstro Department as the most professional and challenging path to those secrets.

WC: 112, what can I do to reach the limit of 100?
" Just one more, Dad" !

His complaining would not stop my harmonious hammering on the final resonating piece.

The deeper the nail went in, the more I roasted in the ardent excitement.---I like the way you write!

My increased heart beat and accuracy left the nail no escape but a perfect fit on the boom box.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

No sign of it in the vast sky, yet already my eyes were fixing on a direction.

No sentiments of unknown,---I don't quite understand this.--- but squashing with expectancy , my mind and heart prepared for a quiet salute.

"Whoosh". The steel bird spurted into my line of vision , close enough to show off its revolving strong blades, and far enough to amaze me with its mastery of aerodynamics.

Unlike anything else, those unique machines are my greatest heights to reach, exciting me with their apparent strength and secretive ---should this say, 'mysterious'?---aviation.---or ...the mystery of aviation?

Therefore, I dream of the AeroAstro Department as the most professional and challenging path for me to take, to learn those secrets.

I hope this helps! Good luck with school!

:)
OP nhat_pro_007 1 / 2  
it really helps a lot, thank you very much!!

Home / Undergraduate / Building a speaker - Something you do for the pleasure of it - MIT short answer - fb