Chemistry, Global Network, John Lennon - NYU Supplement

aakash988 4 / 6  
Hey Guys!
Okay, so I've done my NYU suppliment and need to condense it. The second response is 499 characters and I need to condense the first and third responses to be 500 characters or less. Please help me out! Thank You!

Here are my responses:

Please tell us what led you to select both your anticipated academic area(s) of study and the NYU school / college / program or the Abu Dhabi campus. What interests you most about your intended discipline? Mention any extracurricular or non-school-related activities or experiences that demonstrate your interest.

Chemistry was a science that truly stimulated my intellectual curiosity. It intrigued me how chemical reactions in our body kept us alive and how without modern chemistry, pharmaceuticals would cease to exist. After volunteering at my local hospital, I realized that chemistry was not at all a limited science, but a science that had scope. I was amazed at how chemistry powerfully applied to industrial and medicinal development. I believe the College of Arts and Sciences at NYU will help enhance my passion for chemistry and garner insight about how it can be applied to real life.

NYU is 'In and of the City' and 'In and of the World.' What does the concept of a global network university mean to you? How do you think studying in New York City, Abu Dhabi, or one of NYU's global sites would change you as a person and equip you to build cross-cultural relationships at NYU and beyond?

A global network university is one that embraces all forms of diversity, cultural standards, and ethnic backgrounds. As such, NYU combines the intellect and perspectives of different cultures to shape the way we perceive and behave as global scholars. By studying in NYC, I will develop new ideas and beliefs that will allow me to build my character and eventually take part in the global initiative, where I will take advantage of many opportunities and challenge myself to the best of my ability.
tbvjaos555 7 / 11  
John Lennon's lyrics made me realize that war and violence feed into an endless cycle of hatred. We can eliminate hatred in this world through compromise and respect, ideals that can keep cultural dignity alive->John Lennon's lyrics made me realize that war and violence feed into an endless cycle of hatred, which could be eliminated through compromise and respect, ideals that can keep cultural dignity alive

He was the musician that influenced inspired me to write my own songs of my own - songs that were are meaningful, real, and steadfast
OP aakash988 4 / 6  
Okay! Made all the changes posted above. Any other way I can condense the third response?? Currently it is 607 characters long.
neil 1 / 12  
Down to 507:

Chemistry truly stimulates my intellectual curiosity. It intrigues me how chemical reactions in our body keep us alive and how, without modern chemistry, pharmaceuticals would cease to exist.

I saw the scope Chemistry had while volunteering at my local hospital. I was amazed at how powerfully chemistry applied to industrial and medicinal development. I believe the College of Arts and Sciences at NYU will help enhance my passion for chemistry and garner insight about how it can be applied to real life.

Could you guys help me with the essay linked to, below? Thanks in advance.
Chemistry stimulates my intellectual curiosity. Not a helpful sentence.

It intrigues me how chemical reactions in our body keep us alive and how, without modern chemistry, pharmaceuticals would cease to not exist.

I saw the scope chemistry had while volunteering at my local hospital and was amazed at how powerfully chemistry applied to industrial and medicinal development.--I think you should move this good sentence to the begining of this mini essay so that it is the first one readers see.

allow me to build my character and eventually take part in the global initiative, where I will take advantage of many opportunities and challenge myself to the best of my ability. Let's end this with a statement about a particular goal, not an abstraction.

I would love to listen to John Lennon--great choice!! You write very well!

Home / Undergraduate / Chemistry, Global Network, John Lennon - NYU Supplement