Cultivate my insights and skills ; BOSTON U/ Why BU?

ayu0006 8 / 17 2  
In no more than 250 words, please tell us why BU is a good fit for you and what specifically has led you to apply for admission?

I excel 250 words (266) and I do not know how to compress it. I am also on the fence in regards to the grammatical sounding of my response. Please aid me. n_n

I am a 17 year old whom faces the homogeneous process of everyday life. I wake up, I go to school, I complete my school work, and I sleep and on occasions, participate in outside activities. But I crave for substance. The history of Boston University, its establishment, its struggles and its construction to the empire it is today is the tale of a survivor. The dedication and investment the school has to the student body is surreal. The research faculties, sprouting support team, and other valuable assets support growth dearly appeals to me. And whilst academics are crucial, so is student activity in the community. It is nice to see that Boston University targets real world issues such as homelessness and sustainability through encouraging student action. This promotes responsibility, leadership, productivity and teamwork, skills I yearn to refine. Aside from the support and encouragement provided I wish to involve myself with the life science program and the diverse field of biology it explores. This school not only again withholds the insurmountable resources but it encourages interaction and collaboration between the different disciplinary of biology. This interrelation, fusion, I feel is rare and captures my interest because it demolishes my perception of biology; to be able to cross reference between such a vast field is fascinating, it magnifies the importance and pushes us closer to a step of further discovery. And with the backing of such sufficient support teams and resources I hope to be able to land on Boston University and cultivate my insights and skills to furthermore contribute to the growing entity.
JoannaM 2 / 6  
Boston University targets real world issues such as homelessness and sustainability through student action which promotes responsibility, leadership, productivity and teamwork which are all skills that I yearn to refine.

(To shorten and combine sentences)

I really like your style of writing. It's engaging and entertaining to read! Very nice job on providing a lot of detail and substance in a very minimal amount of words!
hellogoodbye 2 / 20  
I am a 17 year old whom faces the homogeneous process of everyday life. I wake up, I go to school, I complete my school work, and I sleep and on occasions, participate in outside activities. But I crave for substance

Be a bit more specific. I feel as though I can replace Boston U with any university and still make it work.

Home / Undergraduate / Cultivate my insights and skills ; BOSTON U/ Why BU?