'daily newspapers' - academic interests USC Supplement

emilyc28 5 / 33  
Prompt: Describe your academic interests and how you plan to pursue them at USC. Please feel free to address your first- and second-choice major selections. (1000 characters)

Growing up, I produced daily newspapers for my family. In high school, I devoted the majority of my time to school publications. As my passion for journalism grew, I attended the CCNMA multicultural journalism boot camp where I had the opportunity to shadow and work with professional journalists and broadcasters from publications throughout San Diego. While creating layouts with the front page editor of the Union Tribune and producing newscasts with NBC 7, I realized journalism is my ultimate form of personal expression and contribution to society.

I hope to attend USC's Annenberg School of Communication and Journalism to pursue a career in international journalism and media. Annenberg's core curriculum targets online journalism, the foundation of my dream. Located in a globally connected city, USC provides infinite opportunities for internships which will enhance my international skills. Along with furthering my education, I hope to become part of the online staff for the Daily Trojan.

Does my answer project what I want to say? How can I improve it? Any criticism/editing is appreciated! Thank you.
rayray 1 / 5  
I think it's a great answer. I can't really think of anything you could add on, especially since you're already at the character limit.

Good luck and I hope you have time to look at my essays!
OP emilyc28 5 / 33  
Does this answer the USC Supplement prompt?

Thank you!
suzeroonie 3 / 17 1  
I think it answers the prompt well! Do you have a second major that you want to pursue? The trend with Journalism students is double majoring, so if you have a second interest, I would add it to your essay to show diversity. I learned this at a USC Open House when I talked to an admissions counselor. Good luck :)
OP emilyc28 5 / 33  
Hmm.. I may major in international/global studies. Should I incorporate that?
uscuscusc 9 / 27 2  
The word limit is extremely small, so while you are talking about your academic interests try cutting it and add some more on how you plan to pursue your academic interests at USC and include that international/global studies major because it will show diversity.
OP emilyc28 5 / 33  
Okay, thanks!

Home / Undergraduate / 'daily newspapers' - academic interests USC Supplement