Developing a YouTube automation bot - UBC Personal profile - How would people describe you?

Alfie12 1 / -  
Tell us about who you are. How would your family, friends, and/or members of your community describe you? If possible, please include something about yourself that you are most proud of and why. (maximum 1500 characters)

From a spark of curiosity to a complex technical project, I was met with challenges that made me who I am today: persistent, ambitious, and resilient. My goal was to make a YouTube content automation bot. I began the project unexperienced in programming and content creation. You could say my goal was unrealistic. So, despite my enthusiasm, I doubted myself.

Instead of quitting I set smaller goals and started by learning how to code in Python. After weeks of learning the basics, I signed up as a teacher's volunteer at Under the GUI to deepen my understanding through teaching and experienced colleagues. I became skilled in Python and finally began bot development. Rather than the routine learning exercises and tests that I was used to, I was forced into a new environment of challenging real-world applications. I failed many times, but this time I didn't doubt myself. I saw each failure as a lesson; ways of strengthening my coding, patience, and persistence. After months of research, many errors, and countless hours of coding, the bot was fully functional. I studied the YouTube algorithm and started posting 6 videos a day. I now have over 1.7k subscribers and 400k views.

This personal project took roughly a year. Although I learned how to code, how to develop programs, and YouTube's algorithm, what I chose to take away was different. The priceless value of resourcefulness and persistence. At UBC, I plan to use these traits in both my academic pursuits and community involvement.
Your personal statement does not work for the prompt provided. This is not a first person opinion of you or your character. This is a third person insight into who you are. That is why you have to refer to your friends, parents, and community in the presentation. I believe you accidentally focused on the last question only, which is in relation to what you are most proud of. So a response revision is in order. You have to shorten that aspect to meet the other person's opinion of you in the same essay presentation. This is not a fully "I" reference essay. You need to use second or third person pronouns as well.

Home / Undergraduate / Developing a YouTube automation bot - UBC Personal profile - How would people describe you?