"I also dreamed to help someone if I could" - Best I Ever Had

alina967 11 / 29  
In our community, we see so many persons who always come forward to help the helpless or poor people in their routine lives. Sometimes these kinds of well-wishers make all these things - helping community's poor people - their life-long motives. We can easily find these kinds of many organizations in our area without any difficulty and we will come to know that they run these organizations without any margin of profit. Sometimes we also see some radio stations or other business companies organize some entertainment shows or this kind of shows to donate those funds, which they earned, to helpless or witnesses of natural calamities people. We have recent example in front of us, on 23rd of this month i.e. September a private radio company organized a public show featuring some well-known singers and donated the collected money to an orphan children's care organization. I also dreamed to help someone if I could.

Fortunately, I got a chance and why not, everyone gets at least one. It depends on you that you hit the bull's eye or you missed it. In my case, I turned that opportunity to one of my proud feelings - memories that lasts life-long. I'd like to share that experience with you and I'd love to. Those were my school days, my precious ones. I did so many things, regardless of those were good or not, and that made my school days like a one has always dreamed. After that earth-quake which trimmed India in 2000, India was quite shocked. Most of all the countries showered handful of help in many ways. They supported our country in its bad time and tried their best to help those victims of national disaster. We also had so many helpful people in our country that never stopped helping that time. Everyone was helping the country to come out that crisis and to make country stand on its legs once again. From our school, we had also sent some help to those people who really facing the worst time of their lives and needing help. Besides that we, friends made a group, decided to visit those affected people and to help them in some way.

Front Picture of Mansi Tower

Next day, after completing our school hours, we rode our vehicles and drove to the place which was extremely badly affected and one would have of course shown pity after watching that place. The place wasn't very far from our school, so that was convenient for us to reach the place. Collapsed multi-stories building and crap of wracked steel-bars and other building creative materials, was the scenario. The most threatening things were killed - hunted - bodies which have pierced steel-bars through their bodies and the blood was here and there like someone played with the red color and spilled the color everywhere!!! On watching that anyone would have said, "OMG! Save us from this." and prayed for their lives to rest in peace. Affected people that survived were living near that sight in tents provided by the Government till they got the new residing place. We went there to know more and help them.

In those "Tent-Colony" besides of those people's tents they had also provided a small medi-care centre. We first went there and it was hard to watch all those scared and injured people. Those people were admitted there and you would have surely couldn't stop your heart from crying for them. We met them, talked to them and came to know that how that happened to them. Our hearts were melted for them, and I was crying from inside. We gave some of that money which we had collected money and also some clothes and other things that are useful in our day-to-day lives. We distributed all those things which we gave them equally among them. We spent some time with them and then look forward to meet other tent-people. I didn't count and if my memory serves me right, we had visited about 5-6 tent and they all were so happy after knowing that they are not alone and they all shared their sad-stories with us and we couldn't stop ourselves from showing sympathy after hearing those stories. It was "Out From Under" - from our hearts. We distributed something and something among all of them. Probably we had spent our whole afternoon n some of our evening there. They were so happy and also us. They were giving us their blessings and their well-wishes for us. What else they could give us at that time?

Quake Victims In Tent

At the time of returning, we had met almost all the people and we were having feeling that we did something for which we can proud for whole life. We were preparing to go home and just at that time, I saw a girl crossing road and trying to coming to her family-tent from the other side. The traffic was so fast and busy and green light was steady. Everyone was rushing and trying to reach in their "nests" as early as they could. I understood that girl's intension and was sure that she would try to come without considering the traffic. I wasn't wrong, she tried. She was alone; I couldn't see any guardian with her. She was in her own rhythm, ignored that fast and furious traffic. I screamed, "Hey! Stop...Stopppp..." "No...No...Don't cross...Don't...". She didn't hear. I don't know why - because of traffic's noise or any other reason. She was halfway and suddenly a scooter punched her, the biker tried hard to stop the scooter and tried to save that girl but he couldn't completely save his scooter from touching that girl. That was a light blow not that much hard. Oh poor girl!

She felt down and started crying. We rushed at her and the place started being crowded. As that scooter just touched her and biker had managed to control the speed, she was quite well, just slightly injured. I took that girl to that tent Medicare center and they treated her and made her feel better. Her mother and father also reached at the place and they felt so happy on watching their little "Barbie" alive. Later I came to know that on the day of trimmer that girl was trapped in the lift with his father and as they just managed to come out of the lift and than their flat, that block collapsed! How fortunate she was! And here again she cheated death once again. Lately, when that girl felt good and everything was as it was before, we left the place.

We really had so much fun with those peoples. They were also just like us; common people and company of same kinds people always make us feel good. After arriving home, I talked with my parents about all those things which happened today. That night I slept with the most comfort and why not I was feeling so proud for helping people and saving a life. That was just one day, but it feels like every yesterday which I passed. So in this way, I think I used my chance completely to make myself proud for something. I am still very young to give an advice but I think, we should try our best to get that opportunity and to convert it into one of those golden pages of our history. We won't get it every now and then. I think we get at least three of those; one in young age, the other in middle age and then the other in your older years. I'm waiting for my second one, hope I'll get it soon!

Useful Links:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Gujarat_earthquake

gujaratplus.com/news/archives/arc82.html

-Archana Sevak
elainedlcruz 11 / 25  
a very compelling dream.. i like your essay alot. it sure feels great to reach out to others in need.

im trying to post some grammar corrections. im actually reviewieng for my exam where i need to focus on grammar so i thought it would give me a good opportunity to practice my skill through your essay.

Paragraph 1 - "this kind of shows to donate those funds, which they gathered,for helpless or victims of natural calamities."

Paragraph 2 - "It depends on whether you hit the bull's eye or you missed it."

"I did so many things, regardless whether they were good or not,"

"Besides that my friends and Iformed a group, we decided to visit those affected people and to help them in some way."

In your last paragraph,

"After arriving home, I talked with my parents about all those things that happened today"
In our community, we see so many people who always come forward to help the helpless or poor people in their routine lives. Sometimes these kinds of well-wishers make this effort - helping the community's poor people - their life-long motives.

Fortunately, I got a chance -- and why not? Every one gets at least one. It is up to each of us to either hit the bull's eye or miss it. In my case, I turned that opportunity to one worth many proud feelings - memories that last a lifetim e.

The nex t day, after completing our school hours, we rode our vehicles and drove to the place which was extremely badly affected; one would have of course show pity after watching that place.

In those "Tent-Colony" besides of those people's tents they had also provided a small medi-care centre. When we first went there, it was hard to watch all those scared and injured

We really had so much fun with those people . They were also just like us; common people and company of same kinds of people always makes us feel good. After arriving home, I talked with my parents about all those things which happened that day.

That night I slept with the most comfort -- and why not? I was feeling so proud for helping people and saving a life. Excellent! Keep reading and working on your English! I hope you do very well in school and help more of us.

Home / Undergraduate / "I also dreamed to help someone if I could" - Best I Ever Had