I was 16 when I first started going to the gym - experience vs perspective

montezuma64 4 / 5 1  
-Tell us about an experience, in school or out, that caused you to rethink or change your perspective. What impact has this had on you? (maximum 200 words)

- I was sixteen when I first decided to change my lifestyle and start working out. Before that, I would spend countless of hours on video games feeling like I have no purpose in life. The reason I started going to the gym was because one day, my brother was angry at me since I was starting to become obese. He got me a gym membership and when I went to the gym, I spent half an hour doing cardio and then I attempted to bench press. In the beginning, I was only able to do three reps with the bar itself. I felt weak and pitied myself, but also at the same time, it felt great. Never before have I experienced something this amazing. The next day I felt pain but that did not stop me from going again. For the first time, I felt a purpose in my life. So I kept going to the gym and as a result, my physique, my mentality, my strength and my grades improved. As, Arnold Schwarzenegger would say, "The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character."
admission2012 - / 477 90  
Overall a good essay. You talked about how you felt at various stages of the process which is really important in short essays like these.- Admissions Advice Online
aaamonicaaa 3 / 11 3  
Its great! You might want to consider putting the quote at the top then going from there.

Home / Undergraduate / I was 16 when I first started going to the gym - experience vs perspective