Essay for UW Madison (just describing a story, not a resume :)

ivancense 1 / 1  
I know most people wrote essay like a resume. Mine is just describing a story.
Please take a look. Say your opinion: it is weird or ok to submit??

Statement 1:
The University values an educational environment that provides all members of the campus community with opportunities to grow and develop intellectually, personally, culturally and socially.

Hesse ever said: "Every man is more than just himself; he also represents the unique, the very special and always significant and remarkable point at which the world's phenomena intersect, only once in this way and never again." Therefore, I believe I am unique and my presence will absolutely enrich the diversity that the university emphasis on. At the same time, I also hope it will prove to be to the university's benefit in having me there.

I am an international student currently enrolled at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. I am an undergraduate and I am from China. That may not seem like a great deal, as there are about 400 international students on campus this fall, most of them are undergraduates and probably about half are Chinese. However, I am positive few can state having had that kind of diversity experience like me.

I was glad to be the first international students initiated by Alpha Phi sorority in this campus at my freshman year. Being a sorority member I not only gained sisterhood and chances for leadership and scholarship but also learnt the significance of volunteering. To me, volunteering is a wonderful chance to learn culture, service people and gain happiness. I was very lucky to be reported by La Crosse Tribune when I was serving at Salvation Army. I will definitely continue attend sorority at Madison and paying more afford on serving people.

As a foreigner in this country I always love to spread my culture to Americans. "A Taste of China" was a huge successful program represents my ability of leadership and friendly will to share culture. I was one of the main leaders. The program was held in resident hall on campus. We were given two weeks but the actual work was within only 2 days. Our garget population was 75 but actually more than 150 people were attracted by our wonderful food, delicate posters, calligraphy performance, Chinese knots and paper cutting decoration and typical ancient music and games. As a result, "A taste of China" was awarded as Best Educational Program of the Year (UW La Crosse RHAC) and Diversity Program of the Month (National Residence Hall Honorary at UW La Crosse) I believe I will unswerving bring a diverse culture to Madison community in the future.

My only job experience at US is being a resident hall front desk. But I had been an intern interpreter and secretary in a Chinese commercial company last summer. I flied to Germany and Netherlands with procurement team to check the optical instruments we ordered before acceptance. During the 10 days, I was mainly in charge of interpretation between products training engineer and my manager. When back to China, I started to translate the whole user manual with 2 weeks with another colleague. This job broadened my vision and knowledge in a significant way. I appreciated the manger give me a chance to experience a true business negotiations ad cooperative process. Also my communication skill and team spirit had been built up. When I came back to school, I had a better-defined goal of my study and career. I have determined to be a versatile person through college education. And I need a better platform and more resources to exchange my understanding of the world. That is why I want to join Madison.

I came to America when I was 17 with a cultural exchange summer camp. From that on, studying at US had taken root in my heart. And I did it. I am very happy to see after so many obstacles I have encountered have shaped me into the kind of person I am today. A person still got the twinkle in eyes. Eyes for impeccable pursuit.
On the first day of my sophomore year, I finally realized how difficult it is to get into a statistic class in this campus. Every class was full; you could not even put an extra chair there. Though I had requested override even before summer bread started, only a few professors replied, and they told me I could do nothing but just wait until others dropped their spots.

"I am an international student, b ut I am not disabled!"

I found a corner right away after I went out his office, cried aloud : dignity lost, success vanished, hope fade away... I drowned in an unaccountable indescribable sadness.

This is such a meaningful essay. I'm glad you wrote about this; it's something that is important to a lot of people.

I have learned that happiness exists not only in things you love to do, but also in things you have to do. --- great, great, great ending.
However, I am positive few can state having had that kind of diverse experience like me.

I was glad to be among the first international students initiated by Alpha Phi sorority in this campus in my freshman year.

I will definitely continue attending sorority at Madison and paying more attention to serving people.

Our target population was 75 but actually more than 150 people...

My only job experience at US is as a resident hall front desk clerk.

I flew to Germany and ...

When back in China, I started to translate the whole user manual ...

When I came back to school, I had a better-defined goals for my studies and career.

I am determined to be a versatile person through college education.

From then on, studying at US had taken root in my heart.

Home / Undergraduate / Essay for UW Madison (just describing a story, not a resume :)