"One in a Million" -Texas A&M University- a person who ha made an impact in your life

Nnadozie 3 / 6  

One in a Million

Traditionally, the best way to learn is the hard way; also the most effective. Being the only male child in my family, it is only right that I should not be trained to see life as a bed of roses. My father was once a teacher, a strict educationist as I deduced and also is a loving father. This gives the mixture of strictness, love and care. With his rigid posture and firm stature one would think that he is someone who doesn't want to know anything about anybody but deep down, he has a gentle heart .Flint, as he is fondly called by his colleagues is someone who has definitely impacted my life. Dad as I would call him is loving beyond the level anyone could think. As caring as a mother (I say that because mothers in most cases are the softer ones so this attributes their care), strict and exceedingly smart; this is why the odds are against me if I try to outsmart him. While I was growing up, my dad emphasized on honesty and hard work. Never did he compromise that. He is a kind of person that when he sees somebody doing the right thing, he would not applaud the person, because that person is doing what is expected of him. You only get his appreciation when you exceed your limits and do something great. I always wanted to please him so I knew I needed to work extra hard and do things extra better. This has helped me because when I do something I always want to do it exceedingly well; I love being appreciated; it drives me to do better. Wherever I go wrong, he is always on hand to correct me just immediately, through talking or if the need arises he canes me. An aspect of my life which needed to be corrected was the organization part of my life and my dad was keen to mend this part. I wasn't very lazy; lazy, but not to the unbearable limit, but my dad couldn't bear it. Some lackadaisical traits were innate in me. He always said that the little things we miss out in life matters the most because they keep piling up and one day surpass the limit we can overlook them, they become a burden onto us. They way I knot my tie for a job interview could influence the personnel's decision to give me the job or not, regardless of my qualifications. So he made it clear to me that organization is an integral part of a success story. He was keen on this and did all he could to let this trait be imbibed in me. All he did is important to me because everything I have learnt would help me face the challenges outside and I don't see anybody training me any better than my dad has done. He is really a firm educationist and father. Without any of the things he has impacted on me, I would have been a mere boy not knowing the values of things and why we should take every bit of life seriously. I have come to realize that the little things people overlook always has a significant value which is not matched to the way people look at it. He is very important to me not only as a mentor but as an extremely loving father who would always be on hand to help and whom you can confide in.
donrocks 5 / 120  
Frankly you come across as a very fundamentalist person.
1) Being the only male child... by the end of this line your essay would turn off anyone and trust me if a lady comes to check this your gone. Males aren't the only people who are working hard you know.

2) where did you apply your dad's values? you have not mentioned anything apart from your Father's qualities... how did it inspire you...where did you inculcate these values....

Trust there would be thousands of essays on parents and your's does not stand out.
3) Don't write he cannes me. your presenting a wrong message here by approving canning. no canning under any circumstances is bad. Edit it.
4) No paragraphing????
work on the content then we can proceed further. hope this helps. :)

Home / Undergraduate / "One in a Million" -Texas A&M University- a person who ha made an impact in your life