Outline reasons for choosing the Fashion Institute for Design and Merchandising

Kiea 1 / -  
"The Perfect Love Story"

As a teenager and even into my young adult life my friends and I would love to read romantic novels, some of our favorites include; The Notebook, Sweet St. Louis and even the classic Romeo and Juliet. We just like every girl would dream of the day that would be us. The one day we find the perfect person at just the right time and place, a person who meets all of her qualifications. Well, I think I have finally found "The One!", and its name is FIDM. FIDM is an excellent institution of higher education that not only teaches real world knowledge but embraces creativity and encourages entrepreneurship.

Lucky for me I have had this feeling before, while attending Clark Atlanta University. There I had the opportunity to be heavily involved with multiple on-campus organizations and a volunteer at the local elementary school. That's how I know FIDM is the one for me. Not only does the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising offer an unmatched curriculum that delivers to students the opportunity to learn all aspects of the fashion and entertainment industry, but allows the student to be active in school organizations and working with the surrounding community.

No romantic novel is complete without a happy ending, but that is one thing FIDM does not give, because there is no ending with FIDM, you experience a life long relationship that extends beyond graduation and enters you into a alumni base of more than 40, 000. Although I have enjoyed reading romantic novels, nothing compares to experiencing it, FIDM: The Perfect Love Story.
ershad193 14 / 333 5  
Hello!

Like Maria said, your perspective is definitely interesting, but I did not like the analogy you used. I thought it was a pretty abrupt transition from love for a person to an institution. It would be better if you use a different example, one that has the same theme, but is more direct.

Furthermore, I'm not convinced with your other reasons.

the student to be active in school organizations and working with the surrounding community.

Most of the schools have similar agendas.

there is no ending with FIDM, you experience a life long relationship that extends beyond graduation and enters you into a alumni base of more than 40, 000.

What are your goals? Say something specific.
I see that Yayz corrected that run on sentence at the beginning.

Also, ershad makes a good point!! If you are telling why you want this school, be honest! What is the real reason? What would you tell a friend about your decision to attend this school? Is it because XXXXXX is a hero that you look up to and she graduated from this school? It is because you have a good feeling about it and feel comfortable there?

Your reason can be powerful if it is personal. I like your "the one" theme!
FIDM is an excellent institution of higher education that not only teaches real world knowledge but embraces creativity and encourages entrepreneurship. The school "feels right," and when I learned more about it I determined that it is my top choice.

Home / Undergraduate / Outline reasons for choosing the Fashion Institute for Design and Merchandising