"to practice medicine on my own" - writing my life goal essay, for 1 - 3 - 5 years

92angel 3 / 3  
ok im freaking out ! i must give the the final essay on december 8 with a 750 words.
and i only wrote about 560 words and cant think of anything more to write!
its really urgent and i really suck when it comes to writing an essay!!
i would really appreciate some help.

so heres what i got so far.. correct me please and give me ideas anything would be helpful
thanks in advance.

Selfishness is a large motivator when it comes to personal goals. Instead of wondering what an individual can get out of a situation, they should be wondering how they can help others. When a person helps others they meet their physical and emotional needs. Helping others also brings compassion and compassion equals a better society. As for myself I want to become a doctor to make an impact on each individual patient's life.

Seeing the people at the hospital and clinics whom are sick and ill really made me sympathetic, and that motivated me to want to help others.

Therefore so I can accomplish my dream I need to write down my life goals on a piece of paper that will keep reminding me what to do in the upcoming years and finish them, Everytime i do so it will help me be a step closer to my dream. So I will start by writing down my first year life goal that is going to be finishing college with passing grades that will entitle me to start learning in the healthcare field at a respected university.

When my first year goal is finished I will start working on my three year goal, my three year goal will be finding a job that consists of being in the healthcare field, For example, being a pharmacy technician. By doing so i can learn and know several names of every medicine and what it is used for, and as the time goes by i will start to memorize the names and the use of every kind of different medicine out there. Even the interaction with people will help me become a good listener and know how to calm people when they are distressed and emotionally unstable. Working as a pharmacy technician will be a very important step for me to take; it will help me in my future career. By being a doctor i have to memorize every kind of medicine out there and the use of it, so working as a technician will work to my advantage in the near future and ofcourse will help me be a more successful student.

After finishing my three year goal, a five year goal will come ahead. My five year goal will be having a medical doctor degree (M.D). To be entitled to have this degree i must go through four years of intensive learning at a medical school, which will consist of learning about medicine and science. After finishing my four years and graduating, then the hard work come, the time for my skills to be tested by working as a resident at the hospital, in other word internship. By becoming an internship that means practicing the material I have gained learning in the university but ofcourse that will also take time depending what i will specialize in, normally it takes between one year to six years. After finishing the internship then i will become certified by a national organization of my specialty and licensed by the state to practice medicine on my own. That will give me a basic idea of what I am going to be facing later on when i practice my career.

This is kind of like saying that going into a book store makes me really want to read. You would sound much more serious and focused, if you narrow it down.

When a person helps others, they meet their physical and emotional needs.---Should this say something like, 'A good doctor is one who treats both physical and emotional...'

Every time i do so it will help me get a step closer to my dream.

After finishing the internship then i will become certified by a national organization of my specialty and licensed by the state to practice medicine on my own. That will give me a basic idea of what I am going to be facing later on This part wastes a lot of words and does not say much. You should use fewer words and say one specific thing.

That is often a helpful strategy: say specific things, even if they seem less significant in their specificity.

Specific things make an impression on the reader. :-)

when i practice my career. I think you have to say, "...when I practice medicine." It is okay to express confidence in your intention to practice medicine.

Home / Undergraduate / "to practice medicine on my own" - writing my life goal essay, for 1 - 3 - 5 years