SmartCase of any color or any print, the back made out of durable gorilla glass-like material

tech_girl 1 / 2  
1.) If you were given funding for a small engineering project that would make your everyday life better, what would you do?

I thought I was keeping a good eye on her, yet she got away. As I watched my friend walk towards the cash register, I ran to stop her, preparing myself to hear her say that she does not have that color, that she has an outfit that needs to be matched, that her $30 allowance comes every week. Before she can say anything, I take the iPhone case out of her hand.

This happens every time we go shopping.

Given the funding, I would want to help my friend, and admittedly, myself, by designing and creating a smartphone case that can be any color or any print, whenever and wherever we want. With either a black or white rim that goes around the phone, the back of this SmartCase will be made out of durable gorilla glass-like material and function much like any other phone screen, displaying any image uploaded to it. Like a rechargeable case, it will remain plugged right into the phone, making it easy to upload images at any time, accept when unplugged to charge. Its background will be controlled by an app on the phone which will send off any picture in your gallery, matching the case to the user's outfit or her mood.

By saving their money for this single purchase, phone-case-aholics like my friend can hold in their hands endless possibilities.

2.) What is your favorite word and why.

MOD comment:One essay at one time please

**These prompts really confuse me. I feel like they don't show very much about me at all, or at least the way I've answered them doesn't. What do others think? Do they have a voice? Are they clear? Are the ideas even any good? The elegance one is very true, that's a true story and elegance really is my favorite word thanks to my comp sci teacher, but do the essays need more? On that note, I read on UVa's website that they want us to go up to the 250 word limit, but these are each a bit under... I would really appreciate any feedback. Thank You!
keylijosselyn 1 / 8  
In the first essay, I would tell the friends name, and the store name (even if its a made up one), I think specifics always make improvement.

upload images at any time, accept when unplugged to

except

I like the second essay because you not only tell about your favorite word, but how it changed your mentality. Providing an example, right before your conclusion, about another time your teachers advice about elegance helped you can help improve it. I hope this helps... good luck
OP tech_girl 1 / 2  
thank you! I was considering doing something like that for the second essay, but I wasn't sure where to fit it in. That did help!

Home / Undergraduate / SmartCase of any color or any print, the back made out of durable gorilla glass-like material