Home / Undergraduate % width Posts: 2

Waterloo Computer Engineering: Engineering Interests and goals

akmaster101 3 / 4  
Please let me know strengths and areas for improvement in this response.

Briefly explain why you are interested in engineering and particularly in the program to which you have applied. Comment, for example, on your interests and abilities; your career goals; exposure to engineering through school-related and other experiences; and discussions you have had with engineers, teachers, current or past Waterloo students. (900 character limit)

My interest in ECE stems from wanting to improve the lives of others & innovate the world. Since childhood, I enjoyed creative activities such as chess, Legos, circuit building and experimenting with technology where innovation and creativity were important. Not only this but my recent experiences & projects strengthened my skills in studying ECE. For instance, I attend development seminars and develop games on the popular platform Roblox, accumulating 1M+ visits with $2000 in profits. This strengthened my programming, UI and modelling skills. Additionally, in my IB Physics class, hands-on labs on electricity, magnetism, and induction further modelled my interest in ECE. I learnt advanced topics like flux, alternating current, and complex circuits. As an engineer, I want to push the boundaries of what's possible and create innovations for the world that will benefit future generations.
The response is strong when it comes to your theoretical and academic foundation. However, that strength is weakened by the lack of discussions with actual engineers on a physical basis. You also do not reference any interaction with Waterloo graduates of the same or similar courses. Both are strong discussion requirements in this particular prompt. You cannot miss on referencing these in your statement. If you have not done so yet, then gain the necessary experience in these 2 areas so that you can properly reference these as influences in your statement. The reviewers will consider your answer lacking in proper development if you do not have a response to those considerations. Aim to deliver all the required responses.

Home / Undergraduate / Waterloo Computer Engineering: Engineering Interests and goals