Wheaton College(MA) Essay-Why are you interested in Wheaton

yf8651 16 / 31  
I am wondering whether this essay is a strong enough "why essay". Please help me with it. Any help, including grammat correction is greatly appreciated.

Please tell us why you are interested in Wheaton(no more than 1000 characters)

Connections program in Wheaton College interests me. I realized that no course or subject is isolated after exploring various areas of knowledge. Through a variety of fields in science, I can feel the influence of art, from the beauty of DNA double helix structure to the harmony of the periodic table; in the domain of art, I can embrace the logic of the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes and appreciate the golden ratio of Mona Lisa...Exploring topics and problems from different approaches has become one of my habits. Thus, I hope to find this distinctive way of learning in the college and Wheaton College is a perfect match for me. Wheaton put great emphasis on interdisciplinary work, even allowing students to discover their own linked courses. The program alone has made me excited about Wheaton. It is easy to imagine how Wheaton will help me work out my potential through learning, reflecting and growing.
Yoghurtlovely 1 / 8  
great essay! Just a few things: connections program. Do you mean connection program?

And:

The program alone has made me excited about Wheaton. It is easy to imagine how Wheaton will help me work out my potential through learning, reflecting and growing.

could be something like: I am very excited about the program at Wheaton and it will help me work out my potential through learning, reflecting and growing.
Should it start with the word "the"??

The Connections Program in Wheaton College interests me.

It sounds like this program is an inspired integration of various subjects. I think you should not list the many things you will experience and appreciate; instead of talking about the Mona Lisa and the structure of DNA, and other random things, find one specific thing to say.

An essay is a whole block of text dedicated to conveying one theme or truth. Essays often convey multiple truths, but for your essay you should choose one memorable one.

For example, you can explain why this program, an inspired, creative blend of courses, is better than some other programs you might have considered, and the criteria that make it better can come from your clear plan for the future. Make a presentation that shows how this program is the one that best resonates with you.

It is easy to imagine how Wheaton will help me work out my potential through learning, reflecting and growing.

What I mean is, instead of saying general things eloquently, like this, say some specific things that support a single, overarching theme.

I hope this is helpful! It is not necessarily the best idea, but it is the best idea I can come up with to make this general content more poignant.

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / Wheaton College(MA) Essay-Why are you interested in Wheaton