IELTS TASK 2 ACADEMIC - TOPIC: EDUCATION; In the modern world, schools are no longer necessary

Linh1601 1 / -  
Question:
In the modern world, schools are no longer necessary because there is so much information available through the internet that children can study just as well at home.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

In the contemporary world, internet has gradually become a prevalent tool; therefore, it is used by many people every day. However, it is said that schools are no longer important any more because internet can provide students a lot of information from different resources and they can be home-schooled. I strongly believe that schools play an essential role in a society; thus, internet can not replace them.

On the one hand, it is a common belief that internet is convenient and useful. People can access it easily, for instance, everyone can be able to search for information any where and any time they need just by clicking on their electronic devices. In addition, students do not need to spend hours to travel to schools and attend classes. Besides, children who live in remote areas or in a special circumstance can now access distance-learning. Moreover, the lessons on the internet are more various, they are created by people and experts in distinctive fields, so children now have plenty of options to choose from and they can find suitable programs for themselves without attending classes which they are not interested in. What is more, there are a large number of free online materials; hence, poor children are able to learn without paying for tuition fees.

On the other hand, I believe there are some merits that make schools necessary. First of all, not everything on the internet is true, young students can not identify the information by themselves and that is why they need to go to schools. Although the materials on the internet vary from different fields but, there might be too much and as a result, students become confused. More importantly, only by studying offline, teachers who are trained and have educational skills can help students and guide them on the right road. For example, if children do not understand a question or a problem, they can get help immediately from the teachers and this prevent them from confusing. Moreover, schools provide children proper educational programs and institutes which are not available at homes to help them do experiments and gain knowledge. In addition, schools are also places where children expand their social relationships and develop interpersonal skills. They can make friends, communicate with different types of people and experience innovative things.

In conclusion, despite the fact that internet can provide young children so much useful information, I strongly believe that they can not replace the role of schools. Hence, in the near future, I suppose that schools will still be an integral part of the society.
The first sentence of your prompt restatement is unnecessary. You need to be more focused on presenting the actual information in the first paragraph. In your current presentation, The second sentence is more applicable to the paraphrasing needs. Do not open the paragraph with unrelated content. Unrelated content is any information that is not a part of the original presentation. Those sentences will result in task accuracy deductions on your part. Such demerits will make it more difficult for you to achieve a passing score later on. Your defense is weak. Your personal opinion is not properly developed. You cannot defend the opposing side in a discussion where you were asked to clearly state your opinion and why your opinion is the correct one. Your opposition to your own belief will result in a low scoring essay. Mostly because you proved you do not support your own belief enough to convince the reader that your opinion is the best one.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2 ACADEMIC - TOPIC: EDUCATION; In the modern world, schools are no longer necessary