Advantages of reading books

Chouchou292 1 / -  

Advantages of reading books

Reading books does bring us a lot of advantages, which there are three important ones as follows. First of all, reading books helps us widen our knowledge. We can get information about culture, traditions, history, geography, arts, psychology, and several other life subjects from books. The more books we read, the more knowledge we have obtained. In the second place, reading books helps us improve our expressing abilities such as writing and speaking. For example, when we read foreign literature, we will not only know more about that country but also have a chance to improve our reading skills, and learn new words which can be read to better our essay. . Additionally, people who read a lot of books usually have a large vocabulary source and speak more attractively. Last but not least, reading books is undoubtedly a way of relaxing after a day hard of work. It stimulates your brain muscles and keeps your brain healthy; it has some positive effects on your mind and soul. In summary, reading books is importantly beneficial because it not only helps us become wiser but also brings us happiness. Thus, everyone should be encouraged to read books as much as possible!
A 200 word presentation does not meet any essay writing requirements. It most specially does not meet task 2 writing requirements when it comes to the expected 4 paragraph personal opinion discussion of the exam. This essay is faulty for several reasons based on word count, task requirements, and full reasoning development. Aside from being a listing of possible discussion ideas, the presentation does not really proceed to present valid reasoning considerations as necessary.

The essay does well in the use of pronouns, however incorrect the usage in the presentation. Being a personal , and analyses essay, group pronouns such as we and us should instead be represented by first person pronouns like me, myself, and I. It is imperative that correct pronouns are used since the writer is not asked to represent an opinion beyond his own based on the discussion requirements.

Acceptable reasons have been provided but underdeveloped. This lack of progressive discussion will result in a lower C + c score due to a lack of cohesive idea explanation points. These can be more completely presented in a paragraph format. Punctuation usage should not include an exclamation point when writing formal papers as this can be misconstrued as shouting in witten form. There is no need for over emphasis in this case.
Slyrae /  
Usually with essays, you should make a statement at the beginning (called the thesis) that says what your entire essay is about. (This is under the assumption that you're writing an essay. Usually essays are much longer with an intro, three paragraphs going into detail about each point/argument, and a conclusion.) You do fine with the conclusion sentence "reading books is importantly beneficial", but you never mention this in the beginning. Something along the lines of "reading is important because it widens our knowledge, improves our literacy skills and is a relaxing way to spend time." makes a good thesis! Even if you're only supposed to write a paragraph, it's still important to have this thesis sentence.

Do the same with the conclusion. You should repeat your three points in the concluding sentence/paragraph and summarize the entire paragraph/essay.

Try looking up synonyms or good transition words to help keep your paragraph smooth. In second place sounds like you're announcing the winners of a race or contest. Something like "Secondly, Additionally, Moreover, Furthermore, etc." works! Simply google "transition words" for things to use.

And elaborate more on your points! You mention how reading has positive effects on your mind and soul. What kind of effects does it bring? How does it keep your brain healthy?

I don't know the conditions or what you have to do for this assignment, but I'd recommend looking through the instructions and making sure you're following them and getting all the requirements. They'll probably give a word count there so make sure you reach it (and don't surpass it.)

Hope it helped somewhat.
Exceptional 1 / 2  
You could proofread with a grammar checker online to frame your sentence structure correctly.
Would also suggest paragraphing your content in the order:

Your introduction :
-Thesis(main point of your essay)
-Organizational statement(sentence leading to the body of your essay)

The body(repeat as many times as needed for each body paragraph)
-topic sentence
-topic/point analysis
-link to thesis

Your conclusion
-Sum up your major points captured in your body
-Link to your thesis
-Final thoughts

Hope this helps!

Home / Writing Feedback / Advantages of reading books