Do you agree as computers translate quickly and accurately, learning languages is a waste of time?

soulpancake 4 / 8  

Is a computer able to help speaking foreign language without learning it?

Nowadays, computers can do a lot of human's jobs. One of them is to become a translator. It can be quick and accurate to translate one language into another. Therefore, it is not necessary to learn languages to go abroad or travel around the world. However, knowing languages plays an important part in this society. In my opinion, it is totally worth learning languages.

Knowing another language is like living a different life. That sounds interesting. The key for people to learn languages is communicating. Besides, we can read books, the taste of literature, understand culture, custom or even compose music. These things cannot be done by computers. We should not computer- based. In addition, people will feel excited to write words. Rather, what if we do not bring computers along with?

To success in learning a new language means getting a lot of characteristics. That is not easy to start something different. We need persistence, effort, passion, and belief in the whole process. Evidently, it takes a long time to be done. Therefore, those are good to improve themselves. We can have both knowledge and skills at the end.
obianujumaureen 3 / 3  
hello @soulpancake,
there are a lot of typo errors on your, kindly go through it. then your essay didn't quite convince the reader whether the computer is able to aid in learning a language.

hope I've been able to help
Hoa, your essay has a totally confusing reference that does not make sense to the reader. If you want to make sure that the reader understands what you have to say, then you have to be sure that every sentence makes sense. Not all of your sentences have clear subjects so it comes across as a hanging sentence instead. Where did you make these mistakes?

Your title alone doesn't make any sense. Are you saying that the computer cannot help a person learn to speak a foreign language because the computer is not taught the language? Actually, the computer is programmed to teach the language so in essence, the computer does learn the language.

In the second paragraph, you said "We should not computer based." Computer based what? What is the subject of this sentence? The verb is not describing anything in this reference. The last line, what do you mean by "what if we do not bring computers along with?". Again, the problem with the subject in the sentence. These sentences do not make sense. There is no meaning to it. It does not relay any information. Therefore, you need to focus on improving your sentence presentations with regards to structuring it with proper subjects.
jerryhoang1991 3 / 6 2  
Hi @Soulpancake, in your essay i think that you should write the sentences longer and use more complex sentences. The sentences in your introduction so short and i think that your writing style look like free style and not look like academic writing

Home / Writing Feedback / Do you agree as computers translate quickly and accurately, learning languages is a waste of time?