Almost every country consider smoking in public areas as a detrimental issue.

awe_28 25 / 10 6  
In some countries it is now illegal to smoke in public places. It is only fair that people who wish to smoke should have to leave the building. Do you agree or disagree?

Almost every country thinks smoking in public areas as a detrimental issue. The government has enacted some rules regarding this action. I would agree that this way can prevent non-smokers from serious disease. The other is that the authority has built some smoking areas which can reduce this activity.

Banning smokers to smoke in public areas such as hospital, school, or bus should be undertaken as non-smokers are hard to breathe near them. This is because there will be bad effects on their health and some disease can occur to them even though they do not smoke. A report from World Health Organisasion experts said that more than 600,000 people including 165,000 children die every year because they stay around people who smoke. Despite this, people should avoid going to places where many smokers stay there.

There are also some countries which provide smoking license and allow smoking in some public building. This is because the government has built certain rooms or smoking area that makes smokers can stay in that place without disturbing another people. For instance, Abu Dhabi International Airport terminals are non-smoking buildings which are enclosed smoking lounges and booths in each of the terminals where smokers can enjoy exceptional air quality while having a cigarette there. This results in non-smoking people not be mingled with the active ones.

To sum up, providing the law about the limitation of smoke area should be encouraged since it can reduce the harmful effects especially for the people around smokers. To make this happen, the government should provide special rooms for people who smoke since it will not affect the others.
Nur, your task accuracy score is 3. Yes, it is a failing score. Why did you fail? Consider the prompt requirements. The final instruction for you is to discuss whether you agree or disagree that is it fair to have smokers leave a building when they feel the urge to smoke. You did not represent that topic in the opening statement which is supposed to be a paraphrasing and summary of the original instructions given to you for the essay. That is the main focus of the task accuracy requirement. That shows your ability to understand English instructions and you failed to prove that you can do that.

You chose to discuss laws that banning smoking in buildings and other facilities rather than presenting your opinion on the topic provided. Failure to properly understand the task requirements has resulted in an overall failure of your essay to comply with all 3 remaining scoring brackets. Therefore, there is no way that this essay would have passed in an actual exam setting. You will have failed this particular portion of the overall test requirements.

Home / Writing Feedback / Almost every country consider smoking in public areas as a detrimental issue.