Should the amount of noise people make be controlled strictly or not? IELTS

thebest2016 2 / 2  
Q) Some people think that the amount of noise people make should be controlled strictly. Others say that people are free to make as much as they wish. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.

It is considered by some that making noise should be vigorously restricted while there are others who insist that it is free to produce regardless how much it would be. In my opinion, I believe that government needs to take a relevant measure to keep the level of noise at public places low while citizens are free to make noise in other areas.

On the one hand, many think that talking loud on a mobile phone at quiet places like in a library or on the bus seriously distracts people's life. For example, this disturbance can affect on individuals' study when students need to concentrate on their exam preparations. In addition to this, excessive noise can cause some health problems such as headaches or sleeping disorder.

On the other hand, some people think that they have freedom to make noise and hence they should not take any responsibility regarding problems caused. They also argue that most people in the modern society have already been suffering from many different types of noises including those from construction works and transport. In this regards, noisy sound from human being has relatively small impact to others.

Finally, in my opinion, whether controlling the amount of people's noise depends on the situation. Government needs to consider implementing a measure to ensure the quality of life at public places like hospitals and public transport where people are recommended to keep quiet. In contrast, citizens should be allowed to make noise as they wish in other places such as parks and playgrounds.

In conclusion, no one wants to be disturbed by others as it is related to individual's right. However, respecting other's right is sometimes more valuable in this modern community.
Hi Thebest2016, WELCOME to the Essay Forum Family, I hope you find this website useful as well as helpful to your essays and future writing reference. What I notice are the words that seemed off of the ideas that you are trying to implicate in the essay however you are having troubles expressing them.

Moreover, I can also see that you receive a comprehensive modification from one of our contributors and I hope you follow through. One of the keys in managing a good essay is knowing when, what and how the words are placed in the essay. The transition of the ideas should have a progress, events that will complete the essay.

Overall, the essay can use a little help and I look forward to reviewing the revised version of your argument.
OP thebest2016 2 / 2  
Thank you so much for your correction @JeffreyGuy. It is really helpful. :)

Hi Justivy03, thank you so much for warm welcome. It is a really good website and much appreciate for your tips.
You're most welcome Thebest2016, indeed this website is not just a website, one of our goals is to make sure that we are an inspiration to others who are practicing the English language and get better at it.

For future writing reference, mind the words you choose for your essay, stay simple as much as you can, keep a draft of all your writing articles, this will help you see the progress of your work, moreover, you will be able to judge yourself, if you got better or not.

Furthermore, one of the best practices that I always share to everyone is, read your essay aloud and when something sounds off, this means there is something to be done on that part of the essay and that it needs further modification.

I hope this helps and keep writing.

Home / Writing Feedback / Should the amount of noise people make be controlled strictly or not? IELTS