[IELTS WRITING TASK 1] Average content of sodium, saturated fats and sugar

William0809202 1 / -  
The charts below show the average percentages in typical meals of three types of nutrients, all of which may be unhealthy if eaten too much.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant

The given pie charts illustrate the average amount of three nutrition substances recorded in several main meals a day.
Overall, while the highest total proportion of sodium, saturated fats is consumed in American's dinner, snacks contain the largest amount of added sugar. It is noticeable that breakfast makes up the tiniest pieces of three given nutrients.

In terms of sodium, this substance accounts for 43% in dinner, which is significantly higher than that in lunch (29%). It is roughly triple the amount of sodium consumed in breakfast and snacks with just 14%. Regarding saturated fats, 37% of the total amount is distributed to dinner, followed by the figure for lunch and snack with respectively 26% and 21%. Compared to sodium, breakfast contains a relatively similar content of saturated fats, at 16%.

As for added sugar, snacks constitute 42% of total content, which is about twice as much as the figure for dinner (26%). In addition, average proportions of sugar American people consume in breakfast and noon meals are comparatively medium, in turn at 16% and 19%.

The given pie charts

Indicate the number of pie charts and what each pie chart records as information for the presentation. It is important to be precise in this section because you are offering a summarized form of the actual information provided by the image.

several main meals a day

Several means at least 7 references. You should have simply indicated 3 main meals, then enumerated breakfast, lunch, and dinner. That would have allowed you avoid the confusing reference in the phrase above.

Your last paragraph is lacking in analysis. It need to be extended by another sentence to meet the 3 sentence minimum requirement of the paragraphs. You should have tried to tie in all 3 observations into the final analysis sentence.

Home / Writing Feedback / [IELTS WRITING TASK 1] Average content of sodium, saturated fats and sugar