It is Better for Children Learning Foreign Language at Primary School?

Anna94 47 / 56 3  
Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school. Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?

Some linguists think that children should start practicing a foreign language at primary school instead of secondary school. Since they will gather many advantages such as at that age, new knowledge is more easily to gain and they have much time to master it further. However, sometimes they will face hesitation because of language mixed. So, this essay will discuss benefits outweighed drawback.

Some people encouraged children to learn foreign language at primary school, because it is a golden age, which children can be more facile catch the new words and sounds then imitate it precisely. Besides, they can prepare themselves to practice more in language stages such as grammar in the next step of their life. Oxford University have conducted study to compare language mastering of international primary school students and general high school students and resulted that their managing language of primary students were almost the same as high school students in vocabulary mastering. It proved that children gain as much as vocabulary with the older people who did not intend to learn language. So, if they continue to learn they will master the language.

Nevertheless, learning non-mother language sometimes trigger non-fluency of children in talk using mother language. Take my cousin as an example. He is studying in international school where he had to speak English. He is very fluency in English, but when I talked to him with Indonesian language, he will speak doubting as he has just learned bahasa, even his mother language is Indonesian language.

All in all, the language expertise may be true that children have to learn foreign language at primary school since they will be easy to gather or remember words and applying it. Then, it is saving time to learn more at secondary school in next steps even though they may experience some hesitation in mixed language. This essay has already revealed the excellence outweighed weakness. 313w
Nur, in terms of overall task accuracy, you will definitely get a 5. That is when your overall discussion, as well as your paraphrasing of the prompt are considered for the final score in that scoring bracket. Your cohesion and cohesiveness will most likely follow in the same vein and score another 5 because you were able to present a logical, although sometimes confusing discussion of the prompt using somewhat proper cohesive devices. Lexical resource proves to be your weakest point though because of the way that you are using improper terms for describing your thoughts or explaining your positions. Due to the problems that the poor vocabulary choices creates for your essay, the lexical resource will score no higher than a 3. Finally, grammar range and accuracy leaves me scoring you with a 4. The errors that your sentence development creates normally makes it difficult for the reviewer to grasp your discussion. Sometimes, I find myself second guessing your meaning or I really just get confused by your grammar presentation. Overall though, you have a pretty good attempt at explaining the essay. I only wish you can pay more attention to developing your grammar and vocabulary so that you can get a higher score in your next practice test. You need to score higher than a 5 in all sections to get a decent score.

Home / Writing Feedback / It is Better for Children Learning Foreign Language at Primary School?