TOEFL"It is better to marry some who is similar to you rather than different

Poojasugandhi 18 / 35  
Hi,
please help with this essay for the TOEFL ibt exam.

"It i better to marry someone who is similar to you rather than who is different from you. Give reasons for your choice."

Marriages are made in heaven. This phrase is most commonly used by everyone at the time of discussion about the marriages. Some believes that marrying a person similar to you in nature would built successful relationship between them. While other believes that opposite attracts each other and complete each other, therefore make a happy and healthy relationship between them. In my opinion, the former view of similar nature would be the key of successful marriage.

First, similar nature would result in less conflicts and arguments between a couple. For instance, if a couple would like to purchase home then they would make certain crirteria for their choice. And if,there choices are similar then they would agree with same option with no compromises. Moreover, they save time of discussion about each other other opinion.

Second, their would be better understanding between couple. In a similar nature marriages each person would understand others opinion at the time of decision making. For example, me and my husband, both have the habit to watch television with the lights off. We think that its give better impact while watching. Therefore, we understand each other feelings and follow the same choice. This makes us live more comfortably with each other.

In addition to this, similar nature results in better handling of future situation. In such marriages person can assume about others opinion for particular instance. Very simply, I can assume that if I ask my husband for dinner tonight then he will definatly say yes to me. Furthermore, their would be more chances to predict situation.

All in all, if someone marry with a person of same interest then they would live more comfortably with less arguments. Furthermore, they can predict about each other nature in more proper manner and understand each other.
usalma2002 9 / 21  
It's a very good essay. You have given in depth clarifications supporting your ideas. But, think, what would happen for the couple of same mind, after an era of getting marriage. They may find themselves monotonous, nothing would excite or new between them.
This phrase is most commonly used by everyone at the time of in discussions about the marriages. Some believe that marrying a person similar to you in nature would build successful relationships, between them while others believe that opposites attracts each other and complete each other, and therefore make a happy and healthy relationship between them . In my opinion, the former view is correct: of similar nature is the key of successful marriage.

You are probably right! Opposites attract, but similarities lead to understanding.
cathyliu 19 / 54  
I guess you finish it in a rush.
Criteria, other believe, definitely,
Some believes that marrying a person similar to you in nature would built successful relationship between them. While other believes that opposite attracts each other and complete each other, therefore make a happy and healthy relationship between them.

Some people believes that get married with a person who are similar to you in nature would build a kind of friendly marriage relationship between you. While others hold the opposite attitude that contrary personality will give more attraction to each other, and by learn from each other they could further complete themselves; this will make their marriage more healthy and harmony.

Home / Writing Feedback / TOEFL"It is better to marry some who is similar to you rather than different