IELTS TASK 1 - The charts below show that what UK graduate and postgraduates students who did not go

Ldh123456 1 / -  

Destination of uk graduates and postgraduates in 2008

The charts below show that what UK graduate and postgraduates students who did not go into full-time work did after leaving college in 2008.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make a comparisons where relevant.

The two charts display the intentions of graduate and postgraduate students in the UK after finishing their courses in college in the year 2008.

Overall, while the further study was the section that most of the UK's college-leavers decided to take as their next destination after leaving the institution, voluntary work was the choice that attracted the least interest from these students.

In terms of graduate students, the number of people who decided to upgrade their academic level was recorded as the highest number shown on the chart, with about 29665 individuals. In contrast, the figure for voluntary work stood at only 3500, making it the least attractive section among all categories. The second popular choice was placed to a part-time job with the figure at around 17735. There were about 16255 graduate students in the UK recorded to be in the state if unemployment in 2008.

A similar pattern can be found in the chart for postgraduates as the most popular thing that postgraduate students would like to take was to seek for further study, the figure for this purpose was at 2725. Followed by part-time work, its figure stood at approximately 2536, rewarding it the second place on the given chart. On the other hand, voluntary work still kept its bottom place when receiving only 345 students' choices. It was recorded that there were about 1625 postgraduates in the UK couldn't find a job after leaving college in 2008.

You have typed a Task 2 level essay based on your 241 word count. The task 1 essay is never more than 175-190 words. As such, you will definitely run out of time to type up your task 2 essay because you will need to take more time away from that task to allow for editing time in the task 1 essay. Always type using a timer. No matter how fast you type or write, you need to fully utilize the 40 minutes to perfecting the content, presentation, grammar, and spelling of your task 1 report. Use a timer so you will know exactly how much of the 20 minutes you used up in writing and how much time you left for editing, if at all.

In a task 1 essay, you need only prove that you are capable of creating an understandable report, using pertinent information, in English. You do not need to try and jazz up the information through the use of flowery words. Just report the information directly, make comparisons where relevant, and always make sure that you represent all of the headline information in the summary overview.

Your summary overview does not indicate all of the considerations / topics per chart. It also does not include the measurement reference for the given data. The summary overview is incomplete. Try to avoid using words of uncertainty in the Task 1 essay. Since the digits are precisely presented, you will lose points for misrepresenting data. You create uncertainty where there is none, so the essay will come across as not fully accurate in information. Do not use the estimation on the side of the chart, use the data at the top of every bar chart instead. That is the most accurate information you can use, with precise references instead of uncertainty.

Keep this essay short, you need to be conscious of your time usage in relation to your editing requirements. Both of which can help you to create a better scoring presentation in the end.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 1 - The charts below show that what UK graduate and postgraduates students who did not go