Writing Task 2 - Climate change and individuals responsibility

mikengo 1 / -  
Climate change is a phenomenon that affects countries all over the world.

Many peopLE STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF INDIVIDUALS, RATHER THAN CORPORATIONS AND GOVERNMENTS, TO DEAL WITH THIS PROBLEM.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Many people claim that individuals need to take responsibility in lieu of corporations and governments, to cope with the problem of climate change. While I agree that everyone has to take the pulse of climate action, I personally believe that it is unwise to downplay the role of the aforementioned organizations.

On the one hand, if every citizen explores their possibilities for action and showcase solutions to environmental protection, they will mitigate the effects of climate change and keep a livable planet. One such example of this is that Ha Anh Tuan, who is a famous singer in Vietnam, spent his own money planting trees in Danang and Lamdong, an activity as part of the 'Forest of Vietnam' project he initiated. This action will reduce flood risk and absorb carbon dioxide in these central provinces where are battered by inevitable natural disasters every year. Hence, if individuals exert themselves at full bore for solving serious climate change and environmental degradation, humans may avoid such problems and have a better world.

On the other hand, the role of governments in general and enterprises in particular is very important. In other words, they have the ability to affect large systemic changes in many ways. For example, China's government is on the way to launching carbon emissions trading scheme, which is expected to drive down overall carbon dioxide. Furthermore, corporations are positively contributing to curb climate change. Nowadays, social enterprises' actions produce a ripple effect with many other benefits such as eco-friendly and recycled products. Therefore, the onus of organizations can profoundly affect climate action.

In conclusion, I believe although each person has to muster up the strength to save the world from climate change, governments and corporations still play an important role in this issue.
While I agree ... I personally believe that it ...organizations.

Good response and thesis statement but, it is still missing the element of the measured response (to what extent ? ). Represent that with a descriptive emotional word or phrase:

I could not agree more
I strongly support
I need to emphasize my support for

Are a few examples of phrases that would have helped you meet the discussion requirement. While the response will be scored as is, you missed out on the higher scoring consideration by not offering the correct extent response.

Skip the comparison discussion as you already said the government should be in charge (organizations). Defend that position using 2 relevantreasons. Remember, you will not be scored on paragraphs that do not relate to your opinion. In fact, your word count may go under the minimum due to the non-related discussion and create word percentage deductions due to your failure to then meet the minimum 250 word count.

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing Task 2 - Climate change and individuals responsibility