IELTS TASK 2: COLOUR EFFECT ON PEOPLE LIVES - particularly on patiens and workers

pikul 23 / 26 3  
Psychologists have known for many years that colour can affect how people feel. For this reason, attention should be given to colour schemes when decorating places such as offices and hospitals

How true is this statement? How far does colour influence people's health and capacity for work?

Today issue is about colours' effect on people lives. Apparently, more people particularly patiens and workers tend to be influenced by colours when it comes to work performance and health. However, it is argued that the effect does not significant as much as predicted.

Apparently, the impact of colour in the office is less important. This happen because colour has no tendency that involve with work perfromance on workers. The New York times reported in March 2015 that 40% of officers in America do not care about the colour or pattern on the wall. There was no effect on their quality of work even though their offices painted their rooms randomly. In reverse, i would argue that the performance of workers are influenced by good environment.

Interestingly, colour plays a role in some cases, but it is ultimately secondary when it comes to hospital since more patients do not pay attention on the colours and pattern on the walls but they focus on their health. For example, a 2012 recent study by University of Indonesia reveals that 90% of patients in International Hospital didn't experience the changes on their health even though they stay in the room with different colour. Apart from discussion, i argue that more doctors with high qualification influence people health.

As far as i am concerned there is no relation between colour and patient's mood or worker's performance. This means that colours are about people interest only. Where is possible, people should focus on their work while hospital should hire qualified doctors in order to improve people health.
angga93 42 / 74 20  
Apparently, more people particularly patiens

: is that suppose to be "patients"?

patiens and workers tend to be influenced by colours when it comes to work performance and health

: inconsistency of words' order (health shall be in the first place because it relates to patients, which is is mentioned first)

Apart from discussion, i argue that more doctors with high qualification influence people health.

: out of topic, does not related with main idea

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2: COLOUR EFFECT ON PEOPLE LIVES - particularly on patiens and workers