DO THE COLOURS INFLUENCE THE PURCHASING DECISION? IELTS Task 2

Mardy17 32 / 18 5  
Colour is a powerful tool that is used to great effect by manufactures and retail companies when they try to sell us something. In fact, many of the purchasing decisions we make are partly or largely influenced by colour. How true is this statement? How much does colour influence us when we buy something?

These days, a great number of manufacturers enrich the colour of their product as they assume that the majority of customers have a tendency to purchase certain goods based on its colour. In my point of view, this consideration is indeed true because someone is generally fascinated by the certain colour. However, unfortunately, colour is not the strongest factor that influences customer decision in purchasing a product. Instead, the price and the brand of product are the dominant factors that customer are generally taken into consideration.

It is true that colour can possibly influence someone's decision when purchasing certain goods such as cloth or cell phone. This is because physical appearance like the colour has a special allure to impress human's attention. For instance, in semiotics is explained that colour has an influence toward someone mood and interest. Hence, a great number of companies consider enriching the types of colours on their products to attract attention of the customers as well as improve their sales.

Nevertheless, apparently, colour is not the only one factor that can affect customers' interests to buy something. The price and the brand of the product precisely have a significant role in attracting costumers' interest that should be taken into account. The majority of people tend to consider the brand of the certain product before they purchase it as well as mull its price due to quality and affordability reasons. A recent poll by the customer in a Mega Mall Indonesia reveals that 48% of customers tend to ask the price of a product before purchasing it, while almost 38% of customers buy a certain commodity based on its brand.

To sum up, in spite the fact that colour obviously influence someone's interest to buy a product, but apparently colours of certain product are just a final consideration when the costumer has felt compatible with the price and the quality of the product.
Wolf Larsen - / 127 47  
Hello there... here are some corrections for you:
In my point of view - In my view
This consideration is indeed true because someone is ... - This consideration is indeed rather plausible, because people do tend to pay much attention to colors.

However, unfortunately, colour is not the strongest factor ... - However, colour is not the strongest factor that influences purchasing decisions, on the part of consumers.

Dominant factors that customer are generally taken into consideration - Dominant factors that consumers usually do take into consideration
Such as cloth or cell phone - Such as clothes of cell phones
This is because physical appearance like the colour ... - The reason for this is that colour does draw people's attention
In semiotics is explained that colour has an influence ... Colour does have a strong effect one one's mood.
A great number of companies consider enriching the types ... . - Many companies do strive to make sure that the would-be sold products are colorful enough, as the mean of ensuring high sales.

Paragraph 3 begins with the same statement found in Paragraph 1 (You should remove it).

The price and the brand of the product precisely have a significant ... - The price and the brand of a particular product play a significant role in attracting costumers' interest

The majority of people tend to consider the brand of the certain ... -no need for this sentence, because it's repetitive.
A recent poll by the customer in a Mega Mall Indonesia - A recent poll, conducted among consumers visiting the Mega Mall Indonesia
Colour obviously influence someone's interest - Colour does influence one's buying decisions
Colours of certain product are just a final consideration when ... - sounds gibberish.. it's better to have this sentence removed. You can say - Once consumers are satisfied with the product's quality/price, they pay more attention to its color.

Home / Writing Feedback / DO THE COLOURS INFLUENCE THE PURCHASING DECISION? IELTS Task 2