IELTS Task 2: Influence of Colours in humans' feeling

Arun0506 27 / 120 34  
Psychologists have known for many years that colour can affect how people feel. For this reason, attention should be given to colour schemes when decorating places such as offices and hospitals. How true is this statement? How far does colour influence people's health and capacity for work?

Research shows that colour is one of the most significant factors which create greater impact in one's mind-set. In my personal view, I too agree with the statement that colours do have the potential of influencing people's feeling to a larger extend. There are numerous evidence available in support of this position to describe here.

To begin with, children are very much attracted by bright colours such as red and blue. Indeed, there are various scientific work proves that educating children in a colour ambience naturally enhance their observation capability. Due to this psychological fact, almost many kindergartens and nurseries are appeared to be more colourful in order to cover the student's attention. Furthermore, during working days people normally prefer to be in solid colour formal attire, whereas, in parties people usually like to wear high contrast dress which is well known for creating celebration mood.

In addition, colours also play a major role in painting buildings such offices and hospitals. Generally, hospitals seem to be in white in order to represent silence and cleanliness. Therefore, patients' trend to be confident about the treatment provided and feels mentally healthy. Similarly, when it comes to office environment, it is mostly painted with light contrast colours which is believed to create a fresh thinking in the midst of overwhelming work pressure.

In conclusion, I would strongly support with the view that definitely, colours have significant psychological influence on people's mind and I believe everyone can easily accept this position with above given details.
SaudSuhail 2 / 4  
Also you can include how different colour depicts different sensations.
This point is just an addition, your essay is great so far.
Fardhani Putri 23 / 46 7  
Hi Arun!
Overall, your essay is good,
but in this introductory you have to write an interesting statement and make it a little bit longer.
Thank you

Very good introduction. It is short and sweet while containing all essential features. :)

To begin with, children are very much attracted by bright colours such as red and blue.

Well, I do not understand why you particularly picked this point. For me, this sounds a bit stereotype statement. Do all children love bright colors? I as a kid used to love pastel shades more. Do you mean infants?
OP Arun0506 27 / 120 34  
Thanks a lot dumi and Fardhani for your comments. Really encouraging me to face the exam.

Dumi, Actually I meant the kids in the age group of playgroup and nursery in my first paragraph.
Alison 5 / 13  
Research shows that colour is one of the most significant factors which create greater impact in one's mind-set. In my personal view, I too agree with the statement that colours do have the potential of influencing people's feeling to a larger extend.

Do you mean "to a large extenT"? I feel that you are using "-er" in some points unnecessarily. For example, "...which create great impact" "...feeling to a large extent" would be better.

Paragraph 2: you can either use "...almost all kindergartens" or "...many kindergartens" but not almost and many together.

Overall, your essay is well written. Good job!
OP Arun0506 27 / 120 34  
Thanks Alison for pointing these things. Will correct in my next writing. Thanks again
znack 7 / 31 5  
Hi

For this reason, attention should be given to colour schemes when decorating places such as offices and hospitals.

It seems as your topic,but it is not. I do suggest yo you avoid narrowing of your topic in the intro. Anyway your intro is great.

Furthermore, during working days people normally prefer to be in solid colour formal attire, whereas, in parties people usually like to wear high contrast dress which is well known for creating celebration mood.

Try to separate each idea into separate paragraph. If you have a number of ideas you have to mention it in your topic sentence of this paragraph.

Therefore

Do not overuse connection words,like this one.

Overall your essay is really good,however i would recommend to you focus on every words in the question.
The word "feeling" is ,i believe, different from mind,and so you might add information about how colours impact on feeling instead of mind.

Good luck
vijay01 3 / 6  
try to mention research's name
OP Arun0506 27 / 120 34  
Thanks znack and Vijay.
Vijay,
I dont think it is necessary to mention any research names in Introduction and to be honest I am not aware of any research name :-) to say.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 2: Influence of Colours in humans' feeling