The components of a thermos flask to maintain hot liquid (IELTS 1)

shintacandrade 10 / 74 87  
The picture illustrates the components of a thermos flask which is able to maintain the water's temperature in several hours. Clearly, what stands out from the graph shows while it looks small and simple, the design of this flask is fairly complicated. However, it has an essential function to keep water still warm.

In general, the thermos flask is arranged in two layers, both in its body and lid. First, the inner part, consisting of a silvered glass envelope having less infrared radiation and being a poor conductor, is the vacuum flask. Next, the outer one, is a case made of metal or plastic materials. The main element of this, the insulated support, is positioned in the bottom between the vacuum flask and outer case. It has the possibility to keep hot liquids on the inside of the bottle still warm within some hours.

Moving to a more detailed analysis, the picture reveals the thermos bottle is formed from cap and cup, composed of plastic. By opening the cup, people can consume the water. Not surprisingly, some heat can be lost in this step. Finally, this complicated thermos flask's design, is only about 30-40cm tall.

MisterWandering 18 / 321 130  
which is able to maintain the water's temperature in several hours.

whose function is to maintain the temperature of water in several hours

Clearly, what stands out from the graph shows while it looks small and simple

It is clear that ...

However, it has an essential function to keep water still warm.

This sentence is not necessary as this idea has already been stated in the first sentence.

the thermos flask is arrangedhas/consists of two layers, both in its body and lid

The main element of this, that is the insulated support,

Don't use "that" after a comma in a relative clause, you should use "which" instead.

It has possibility

Its purpose is to

hasis about 30-40cm tall.
EF_Carol - / 145 39  
The picture illustrates the components of a thermos flask,which is able to maintain the water's temperature for several hours. (HOW MANY?)

It has the possibility to keep hot liquids on the inside of the bottle still warm within some hours. (AGAIN, can you say how many?, approximately?)

I see no problem, with your basic understanding of the project, here. You accurately describe the thermos. People really rely on there thermos, to keep liquids warm, so I think that your details about the manufacturing side of this is relevant. Perhaps you could work on your prepositions: they need to match the object, they are talking about. Your paragraph break-up, is good, very organized. You proceed in a rationally, logical way to discuss the entire flask. Is it possible to guess, the length of time a thermos will keep the liquid warm. I know my husband's keep's his coffee warm, about seven!

I added some commas, to break up run-on sentences, and rearranged some word choices, to add to your logical description.

ef_carol
lynzee22 - / 90 37  
Hello, I have done some edits below. I hope this helps. Please be careful with wording. You add some words that are not necessary. Also, if you are only going to use one word (thermos or flask) use thermos. Just because flask is the portable bottle that you carry alcohol in. It is just a connotation issue. Other than that, your description of the thermos was really well written.

In general, the thermos flask is arranged ofhas two layers, both in its body and lid.

First, the inner part, consistings of a silvered glass envelope having less an infrared radiation and a poor conductor, is the vacuum flask.

The main element of this, that is the insulated support, is positioned in the bottom between the vacuum flask and outer case.

It has possibilitythe abilityto keep hot liquids on the inside of the bottle still warm within some hours.

Moving to a more detailed analysis from, the picture reveals the thermos bottle is formed from cap and cup, composed of plastic .

By opening the cup, people can consume the water.

Home / Writing Feedback / The components of a thermos flask to maintain hot liquid (IELTS 1)