In some countries at the age of 18 young people are allowed to drive, vote and mar

renga78 6 / 18  
In some countries at the age of 18 young people are allowed to drive, vote and marry. What in your opinion is the right legal age for an individual to be considered a responsible adult?

In some nations it is common that young people at around 18 years are allowed to vote, drive and even marry. While some people think that 18 years of age is sufficient for youngsters to be involved in such activities, others refute the idea for the following reasons.

Firstly, youngsters like to drive a vehicle very fast, and they do not bother about the speed limit normally. As chance for accidents are more, vehicle insurance companies quote premium amounts when teens apply for vehicle insurance.

Some maturity and clarity of thought are necessary. Lads and lasses should know what can they give and what they expect from the marriage. For a successful ...
operalady 1 / 1  
Avoid the use of "and so on". Instead use a specific example for stronger writing.

Consider beginning the second and third paragraphs with First and Additionally, instead of firstly and secondly.
Thanks Mrs. Miller, I think that you are correct about "and so on"

...

I tend to agree with you! But some people I know are over 30 and they still make bad decisions! :-)
huy_hoang_dao - / 1  
In some nations it is common that young people at around 18 years are allowed to vote, drive and even marry. While others think that 18 years of age is sufficient for youngsters to involve in such activities.

Firstly, youngsters usually like to drive a vehicle very fast and they do not bother about the speed limit normally. As chance for accidents are more, vehicle insurance companies quote premium amount when teenagers go for vehicle insurance.

Secondly, when it comes to politics, it is a big ocean. Before casting vote, one needs to consider several things like plus and minus of any candidate running for the election; how good the candidates are in keeping their promises; whether any candidates are accused of bribery and so on. When growing-up boys and girls find it very difficult to select the right person to cast their vote, it would not be an easy task for adolescents.

Finally, finding the right companion is a complex thing by itself. As everybody spends a great amount of time with their family next to the job, it is important to find a right life partner. It requiresthe maturity and clarity in thoughts. Lad/lass should know what they can give and what they expect from the marriage. For a successful married life, both husband and wife should be ready to compromise on few things. These things would be very difficult to understand for teenagers .

I am not undermining the capability of the youth. As it is untrue to ask them to take full responsibility on all the critical matters like driving, voting and marrying at that very young age, it would be better for them to give exposure to such matters on or after the age of 21 along with proper knowledge and guidance on those specific matters.

Your essay is quite good. Practice writing everyday and you will get successful.
phuocqui 3 / 5  
In some nations, it is common that, young people at around 18 years are allowed to vote, drive and even marry. While some people think that 18 years of age is sufficient for youngsters to involve in such activities, others refute for the following reasons.

Firstly, youngsters like tend to drive a vehicle very fast and they do not bother about the speed limit normally. As chance forthe risk of accidents are more, vehicle insurance companies quote premium amount when teens go for vehicle insurance.

Secondly, when itwhat does IT indicate to comes to politics, it is a big ocean. Before casting vote, one needs to consider several things like plus and minus of any candidate running for the election; how good the candidates are in keeping their promises; whether any candidates are accused of bribery and so on. When grown ups find it very difficult while selecting the right person to cast their vote, it would not be an easy task for adolescents.

Finally, finding the right companion is a complex thing by itself. As everybody spends a great amount of time with their family next to the job, it is important to find a right life partner. Itwhat does IT indicate to needs some maturity and clarity in thoughts. Lad/lass should know what can they give and what they expect from the marriage. For a successful married life, both husband and wife should be ready to compromise on few things. These things would be very difficult to understand for teens.

Good luck!

Home / Writing Feedback / In some countries at the age of 18 young people are allowed to drive, vote and mar