These days, there are more human deforestation activities caused serious results of the environment

Vink 2 / 4  

Writing Task 2 - Advantages and disadvantages essay

Deforestation caused by human activity is happening in many parts of the world, with serious results of the environment. Governments should ban it to make contribution to protect environment. What the advantages and disadvantages of this solution?

Write an esay at least 250 words

These days, there are more human deforestation activities caused serious results of the environment in many parts of the world. Some believe that governments should ban deforestation to solve this problem as well as make contribution to protect environment. There are both negatives and positives to decide in this solution. I will explore pros and cons of this problem and draw some conclusions.

Let's start by looking at the advantaged of this method. One of the major positives of this suggestion is your not only dwindle deforestation but also can help to increase forest area including natural forest and artificial forest. That may reduce catastrophe such as storm, erosion and so on, and provide habitat for vegetation and terrestrial animals. Another advantage of this remedy is you can diminish emission which trees absorb in their photosynthesis. This can help to reduce green house gases. For example, trees absorb carbon dioxide and produce oxygen in their photosynthesis which may contribute to deplete carbon dioxide in the atmosphere, as the result of limiting climate change and global warming.

Turning to the other side argument, this solution has also negatives. One of the biggest disadvantages of this remedy is it is possible to cause a shortage of resources for agriculture and industry. Another major drawback is do not have enough resources may be a reason for emergence of illegal resources.

To sum up, there are both positives and negatives of this way. In spite of the fact that this solution can protect environment, it can also affect on economics. Personally, I think governments should take into account before making a decision.

@Vink
The prompt restatement should never contain any repetition coming from the original prompt. Not a single sentence, phrase, or word should be seen in the writer's version because that will automatically result in a failing TA score for the restatement section. It shows the writer needs to use memorized words or cut and paste phrases to express himself. In other words, he has a limited vocabulary that hinders his ability to explain what the original prompt is about. This is a serious problem that can be found in the second sentence of the first paragraph.

The writer's opinion is not clear since he does not present establishing A v. D discussion topics. Additionally, a statement was made that the writer will present a conclusion to the discussion. That is a prompt deviation since only a comparative discussion is required for the discussion essay.

Based on the starting errors for the essay, the TA score will be based on preliminary non-passing score considerations. Making it more difficult for the writer to receive a passing mark. The main problem will be the presentation of a conclusion which altered the discussion requirements, proving the writer's inability to understand basic English writing instructions.

Another problem the writer shows in the presentation is an inability to make himself understood in English. His sentences are mostly written in broken English that make it difficult or confusing to understand. Though his thoughts may sometime be understood, the lack of discussion development to prove his point creates less than accurate discussion presentations.

The writer does not show an ability to pass the test at this point due to the problems previously mentioned. He needs to do better in his ESL classes overall if he is even come close to a base passing score by the time he takes the test.

Home / Writing Feedback / These days, there are more human deforestation activities caused serious results of the environment